Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers Youth 2-3 Brighton & Hove Albion Youth - Full Time AET

steve-c

what can you say except WELL DONE, the youth fully deserve the praise they will get even if deano did moan at them , he cant take away the fact that they won,

:bowdown: youth team:bowdown:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Btw for those who were curious about the noises at half time, Liz Costa had brought a load of maroon balloons which we let loose then the teams came out.
As there was only one stand open we were mixed with Burnley fans (who were a very friendly bunch) Some of their kids found the balloons and were jumping on them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
He does come across as a bit of a hardass, as the Yanks say :D

But I guess it's a good pyschology he's breeding - drilling into the team they've won nothing yet, don't celebrate, don't be content with this performance, nail any self-satisfied complaceny to the floor. Keep 'em mean and hungry.

strange cos as a player he is possibly the biggest pussy EVER to don the stripes. I've never seen a player tackle so little and shirk so many challenges

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dwayne said:
strange cos as a player he is possibly the biggest pussy EVER to don the stripes. I've never seen a player tackle so little and shirk so many challenges
I think you mean the second-biggest pussy - after Paul Brooker.

Still, he's been doing a great job for years now. He's overseeing a production line of quality local talent.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Third surely. Paul Watson used to take the long route to avoid a one on one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:

But set against those cons I've yet to see another Albion player who can control a high or badly hit pass, dead, better than him. He could also play passes from midfield and hit free kicks that the current 1st team can only dream about doing.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words Icy. Of course it also helped that Small was a big hard working target man who was able to create space and Budgie was one of the most skillfull forwards we've ever had. Between them, they were difficult to defend against and made sure there was always an option available to our midfielders.

I struggle to believe Wilkins would have picked out our current forwards with the raking passes he often made back then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:

But he did manage to get himself sent off in the first game of the season at Orient.....for SWEARING at the referee :lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Argus put the report on the inside pages this morning while running a non-story about Reid on the back page. Muppets. :(

D

Deleted member 2719

Well Done Deano and the lads now lets give it to those geordies.!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Excellent, well done the lads!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Well done lads. I look forward to seeing some of you playing for us in the Premiership one day! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here