Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers Youth 2-3 Brighton & Hove Albion Youth - Full Time AET

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
bakesy said:

bloody magic
nows heres an original idea why not try and hold on to these lads ?:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

1066gull

tommy boy said:
ITS OVER TWO LEGS

FA Cup Youth Final
Withdean Stadium
Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Crystal Palace

FA Cup Youth Final
Selhurst Park
Crystal Palace vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

Would do lovely!

:)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
pevenseagull said:
very disappointed with the performance

"We should be beating teams like that!" I know we won, But 3-2 away to Blackburn ??

The text commentary did seem to me that just about the opposite to the first team.

PS: I hope we don't bottle it it when play Man United. I have not got over the '83 Cup Final yet!

I expect Rovers got the nerves as well. Credit to them for making a fight of it, it seems. The Youth Cup is where it it is at. None of this foreign rubbish from north of Croydon. Cup Fever.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've not won anything yet! :smokin:

We were always going to beat Blackburn. They were just pretenders.

Both the Manchester teams and Southampton are the different League though. Then we cannot get away with a below par performance.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It looks like we're slowly recovering from the Archole-Bellendi years.

An excellent effort from everybody at the club to win in Archole's backyard:salute:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
perseus said:
We've not won anything yet! :smokin:

We were always going to beat Blackburn. They were just pretenders.

Both the Manchester teams and Southampton are the different League though. Then we cannot get away with a below par performance.

Blackburn are above Man Yoo and Liverpool in the league

If we beat Newcastle next week, a big hurdle I know, but we are then likely to have a game against ManU, assuming they overcome their rivals.

A Withdean/Old Trafford two-legged semi would probably far exceed the buzz of the Chelsea game. I wonder what pricing policy would be fair to see the game? A tenner? Or maybe a bit more for adults and maybe just a £1 for under 16s? A Man U game would probably sell out Withdean even at those prices.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Just got back in (managed to kip on the coach so not too tired although I may be on auto pilot at work today)

The first goal was against the run of play. They threw everything at us for the first 15 mins or so.

Their goals were a pen and a mistake by Martin. If their finishing had been better they would have had three or four goals.
Our first goal was a scramble and well described on the Blackburn text commentary (coming off someone's face)

For those who are advocating Gatting starting on Saturday, I have to point out that he had a lot of space tonight that Championship defenders wouldn't allow him. That isn't to take anything away from his undoubted talent.

Dean Wilkins did upset the team with his comments. Maybe he could have waited until their next training session to say that, and just told the team well done on the night.
We had quite a few of the parents on our coach so we know how the players reacted.
It was great that four of the lads came onto the coach before we left to thank us for going such a long way to support them.
I thoroughly enjoyed the day and the match. It was good to see the spirit and the talent of our young 'uns.

Well done the Youth.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie said:
Dean Wilkins did upset the team with his comments. Maybe he could have waited until their next training session to say that, and just told the team well done on the night.
He does come across as a bit of a hardass, as the Yanks say :D

But I guess it's a good pyschology he's breeding - drilling into the team they've won nothing yet, don't celebrate, don't be content with this performance, nail any self-satisfied complaceny to the floor. Keep 'em mean and hungry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here