[Albion] Blackburn Rovers U23s vs Brighton and Hove Albion U23s - PL2 - 19th March 2pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Over a 1000 thousand people watching currently. Shows there is a demand for PL2 streams.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Cheeky long range punt there.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
No Weir or Dedoncker either, how many extra do they take with the first team squad outside the match day 20?

Wonder who will partner Jackson tommorrow for the u18 with Turns and Offiah involved today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a lot of talk about playing the same way at all levels, from the youth teams up to the 1st. XI - but I just don't see it. U23s playing with all eleven players in our own half, and the opposition CBs rolling the ball casually to each other and back i acres of space, right up to the half way line, under no pressure. Furthermore, our defenders are frequently making long passes over the top of midfield for our forward players (something I suppose the more implacable critics of anything that isn't tiki-taka would call hoofing it).
It's almost as if the youth set-up haven't realised we changed managers almost two years ago..............

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Decent commentary from Rovers TV - commentator seems to have done a bit of research. Unlike some commentators of our away matches, he at least knows the names of our players, and mentions them too!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This pitch is on the same grounds as the British Museum of Commercial Vehicles, are there any more football grounds in a museum?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
1-1 I thought quite a soft Penalty, but ref obviously saw it as a push but not sure myself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1-1 I thought quite a soft Penalty, but ref obviously saw it as a push but not sure myself.

A poor challenge by Wakely, clumsy really. Then he does it again and gives a free kick away in a dangerous position. The ref has blown for everything and booked 6 so you're asking for trouble.

That said, the defence have coped well against a decent Rovers attack, Rushworth solid, Yapi and Ferguson lively after they came on. 1-1 F/T. Fair result.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ideology in full flow throughout the club, dominating most of the play then conceding a stupid penalty while 1-0 up. Poetry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A poor challenge by Wakely, clumsy really. Then he does it again and gives a free kick away in a dangerous position. The ref has blown for everything and booked 6 so you're asking for trouble.

That said, the defence have coped well against a decent Rovers attack, Rushworth solid, Yapi and Ferguson lively after they came on. 1-1 F/T. Fair result.

Agree with all this. Clumsy is the exact word I'd use to describe Wakeley, from the few times I've seen him play.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There were some horror tackles from the Rovers players in the 2nd half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports