Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers FC v Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread***

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
About to post this, glad I checked. Does anyone know if the away side (ie us) get some cash from this?

PG

Doubt it, I'm not sure they pay individual broadcast fees for radio coverage. If we did get anything I'd have thought it would barely be enough to buy a Piglets pie.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee: ROBERT MADLEY
Assistants: Martin Coy and Ryan Johnson
Fourth Official: Peter Wright

League Matches at Blackburn
Brighton wins - 3
Blackburn wins - 5
Draws - 5
Brighton goals - 16
Blackburn goals - 18

League Results at Blackburn (all time)
English Division Two (old)

02.11.1991 Blackburn 1-0 Brighton
29.09.1990 Blackburn 1-2 Brighton
05.05.1990 Blackburn 1-1 Brighton
12.11.1988 Blackburn 2-1 Brighton
25.04.1987 Blackburn 1-1 Brighton
18.03.1986 Blackburn 1-4 Brighton
10.11.1984 Blackburn 2-0 Brighton
24.09.1983 Blackburn 2-2 Brighton
09.12.1978 Blackburn 1-1 Brighton
08.04.1978 Blackburn 0-1 Brighton
English Division Three (old)
07.09.1974 Blackburn 1-0 Brighton
06.10.1973 Blackburn 3-1 Brighton
12.04.1972 Blackburn 2-2 Brighton

Last Season
N/A

Head-to-head
• These clubs are meeting for the first time in 21 years, since they were in the old Second Division together in 1991/92.
• There's only one win between them after 28 competitive meetings, with Blackburn leading 11-10. Of those, 26 were league games, with Brighton leading by 10 wins to nine.
• The Seagulls have only won three league games at Ewood Park.
Blackburn
• Michael Appleton is searching for a first win from his second game in charge of his third club this season, having seen Blackburn's four-match unbeaten run under caretaker boss Gary Bowyer come to an end with Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Charlton.
• Blackburn are looking for a fifth home win against a top-half club.
• Every Championship club, with the exception of Barnsley, have seen more goals generated in their home league games than Rovers' 31. The Lancashire club have scored seven fewer league goals at Ewood Park (15) than on their travels (22).
Brighton
• Brighton are unbeaten in four in all competitions, have avoided defeat in six of their last seven league outings, and are two places and five points shy of the play-offs, but on the same points total as at this stage last season.
• Championship games involving the Seagulls have generated fewer goals than any other club (68), and should this match finish all square, would see Gus Poyet's men become the first to draw 12 times in this division this term.
• Adam El-Abd could make his 250th league start in a Brighton shirt, and fellow defender Inigo Calderon, his 100th.

[MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION] - you've missed out the FC in the title. SORT IT!

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Text book match thread title.

Blackburn 1-3 Brighton (Spanish Dave 2, Barnes)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
According to the Argus, BHA were anticipating Ulloa's clearance yesterday but to no avail.
I'll double check this now, but I'm sure this is correct.
Hoping he's cleared for this evening.

Edit: Here's the extract from earlier this morning.

The Argus said:
The Seagulls were still waiting last night (21st) for new signing Leonardo Ulloa’s international clearance, which delayed the Argentinian target man’s debut at Birmingham on Saturday.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
shocking that Ulloa's clearance is taking so long.
I reckon Blackburn will score 2 tonight - Rhodes will give Adam a hard time - so we need to score 3 which if we play like Saturday should be more than doable :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
According to the Argus, BHA were anticipating Ulloa's clearance yesterday but to no avail.
I'll double check this now, but I'm sure this is correct.
Hoping he's cleared for this evening.

Edit: Here's the extract from earlier this morning.

What time would they need it for him to be able to be involved?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't quote me on this, however I think as long as he's cleared before Gus presents his team-sheet (19:00?), he can play.

I thought that was for emergency loans or players signed on the day. International clearance from the FA may have to be sorted out before midday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The FA international clearance form is on a single sided A4 sheet of paper , I thought it would be at least a 24 page complex document that needed to be filled in correctly in black ink.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Best we can hope for is that it is done and dusted and we are just keeping them (and us) guessing!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Too cold and a shite pitch for Vicenti to start tonight...... Although I do expect him to start on Saturday against Arsenal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here