Blackburn Rovers - chicken in a basketcase

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

Laugh at Blackburn all you like. If you do then you are all hypocrites as the same happened to us in the 90s.

Did Blackburn fans laugh at us then?

Some of you have pathetically short memories.
I think, at least I hope so, that most people are laughing at the owners and their total ineptitude rather than the club itself.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I guess this is payback for English conduct during colonial times

I can't work out if that is a joke or not. If it is, it's quite funny. If it isn't, it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think the owners where hoping we would have all defected to Blackburn Rovers FC, and we would be eating their chicken from various outlets in the UK.
Truly embarrasing for every single die hard Blackburn Rovers supporter. It's another example of bad foreign ownership. Thank god for Bloom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the owners where hoping we would have all defected to Blackburn Rovers FC, and we would be eating their chicken from various outlets in the UK.
Truly embarrasing for every single die hard Blackburn Rovers supporter. It's another example of bad foreign ownership. Thank god for Bloom.

That all looks horribly familiar.

Just when you think you can't be any more grateful to Mr Tony, yet another reminder of the past comes up to haunt us.

D

Deleted member 22389

That all looks horribly familiar.

Just when you think you can't be any more grateful to Mr Tony, yet another reminder comes up to haunt us.

I actually remember them interviewing the owners before they took over. The presenter asked them if they had ever visited Blackburn before, the answer was no. Just about sums up the whole deal to me.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not really the same though is it.

In YOUR opinion.

In fact, the comparisons are startling when you consider how the change of power to Stanley and then Archer took place, with that then the gradual decline of the club and it's infrastructure.

Ewood Park is in an area of Blackburn which would benefit from redevelopment.

You are so very very wrong.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Laugh at Blackburn all you like. If you do then you are all hypocrites as the same happened to us in the 90s.

Did Blackburn fans laugh at us then?

Some of you have pathetically short memories.

This ^^^

Anyone who lived through our problems and still laughs at Blackburn fans having to watch their club be destroyed, is a cock.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yes I do find it funny Blackburn brought the Premiership with hoofball so what goes around comes around but I also feel sorry for the fans they have been shafted royally by the total incompetency and money focus of the rulers of football in this country. However I think the comparison with ourselves fails because the fans don't appear to be doing anything about whilst watching their club go down the drain, to get the backing of other fans they need to take more action direct and indirect.
On the Venkys they are an odious collection of parasites who could not manage their way out of a paper bag, having worked with Indian companies they have no idea how to run a company their communication is woeful. The fans need to take action now to avoid becoming the next Pompey.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I do find it funny Blackburn brought the Premiership with hoofball so what goes around comes around but I also feel sorry for the fans they have been shafted royally by the total incompetency and money focus of the rulers of football in this country. However I think the comparison with ourselves fails because the fans don't appear to be doing anything about whilst watching their club go down the drain, to get the backing of other fans they need to take more action direct and indirect.
On the Venkys they are an odious collection of parasites who could not manage their way out of a paper bag, having worked with Indian companies they have no idea how to run a company their communication is woeful. The fans need to take action now to avoid becoming the next Pompey.

The Blackburn fans did start protesting when Keane was manager.

D

Deleted member 22389

The plan was too promote Blackburn Rovers back in India as the next Manchester Utd, and also use it to promote their products in the UK.
Venkys to use Rovers to push poultry products in England - Livemint

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's hope the supporters can take the club back.
When you compare us to many other clubs now, we are a different class. May be not on the pitch yet, but the organisation of our club behind the scences is brilliant. It's all set up for the future.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think the reason people can laugh at this is because the owners aren't TRYING to ruin the club. They are just TERRIBLE at running it. They didn't know they could be relegated (apparently). They said they wanted Champions league football and would give the manager a 'huge' budget of £10m to achieve this. They did no research into the club. It's actually quite funny as a general story.

We were being destroyed as a club, Blackburn is just being rubbish as a football team.

Obviously I feel sorry for the fans as it would drive you mad and the moment their existence comes into question (i cant see that happening) it wont be funny any more, but at the moment, whether it's right or wrong, I can't NOT snigger at the sheer delusional incmpetence of their owners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports