Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn - please make my journey worth it

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Wolverhampton trumps them for me although it is a lot nearer.

At least Blackburn fans are friendly with some decent welcoming pubs.

You must have gone to a different town to us, last season.

The pubs in the town were dreadful. Blackburn is the only place I have been to, where the line 'It is worse than Burnley', has been uttered.

We got into the Spoons at around 1030am, ordered our beers, at which point a local scrot stumbles in, with his own beer, sits down at a table and proceeds to drink said carry in. When we asked the bar staff about this, they said it is easier to just let them get on with it.

Next pub we went to, proudly advertised its 2 giant HD screens. Which happened to be showing a repeat of Jeremy Kyle.

Another pub we visited, there were 2 old boys in there, one throwing a bar stool at the other.

After the game, as we left the ground, the home 'yoof' of sorts came to the away end, chanting al sorts of the usual homophobic ditties. When questioned on this, they did come out with the usual come ons, lets have it etc. To be fair the whole thing calmed down when one of our travelling companions in his 60's squared up to one of them and another of the Blackburn fans came out with the line, 'you can't hit him, he's and old man', followed by the line, 'look at his trainers, he's wearing the wrong clobber'.

Now the crowning moment was probably the Mill Hill Hotel, whilst waiting for the train to Preston.

In we walk, to a barrage of homophobic comments. Laugh it off, order a beer, but the jibes continue. Just before we leave, we feed £10 into the duke box and put on an array of 'gay' songs, which must have still been playing at closing time.

So Blackburn was neither friendly or had decent pubs, from my visit there...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Wolverhampton trumps them for me although it is a lot nearer.

At least Blackburn fans are friendly with some decent welcoming pubs.

Which do you recommend?

As for PoTG - last time I went they didn't let you PoTG exactly, but I bought a ticket at the office before the game. Which is much the same thing. I've phoned them this morning and they said that they'd be on sale to Brighton fans from about 12.30.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You must have gone to a different town to us, last season.

The pubs in the town were dreadful. Blackburn is the only place I have been to, where the line 'It is worse than Burnley', has been uttered.

We got into the Spoons at around 1030am, ordered our beers, at which point a local scrot stumbles in, with his own beer, sits down at a table and proceeds to drink said carry in. When we asked the bar staff about this, they said it is easier to just let them get on with it.

Next pub we went to, proudly advertised its 2 giant HD screens. Which happened to be showing a repeat of Jeremy Kyle.

Another pub we visited, there were 2 old boys in there, one throwing a bar stool at the other.

After the game, as we left the ground, the home 'yoof' of sorts came to the away end, chanting al sorts of the usual homophobic ditties. When questioned on this, they did come out with the usual come ons, lets have it etc. To be fair the whole thing calmed down when one of our travelling companions in his 60's squared up to one of them and another of the Blackburn fans came out with the line, 'you can't hit him, he's and old man', followed by the line, 'look at his trainers, he's wearing the wrong clobber'.

Now the crowning moment was probably the Mill Hill Hotel, whilst waiting for the train to Preston.

In we walk, to a barrage of homophobic comments. Laugh it off, order a beer, but the jibes continue. Just before we leave, we feed £10 into the duke box and put on an array of 'gay' songs, which must have still been playing at closing time.

So Blackburn was neither friendly or had decent pubs, from my visit there...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Over 300 sold according to the kind ticket lady, a tad dissapointing but with tickets available oj the day hope to see that swelled to 500+ away audience.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Contemplating taking my five year old daughter to the game after she enjoyed the Bolton game so much - but am a bit concerned her mum will put so many layers of clothes on her she wont be able to walk.

On a separate note the team have arrived in the North - their plane has just landed at the airfield outside my office where they have been met by the official Brighton coach.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm pretty confident we should press them enough for 2-3 corners in our favour so I predict you to be well rewarded.

2 or 3 corners?, I think we would need 23 corners before we can even put one of them in the box! Our record at set pieces is absolutely dreadful.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Was going to go but volunteered to do some overtime at work instead, the last 2 performances swayed my decision

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
:albion2::albion2::albion2:Taking the usual Blues Away coach up, but only about 3/4 full for this one, but hey ho that's stil 34 more people to swell the numbers, never looked forward more to the hot pies on the coach, at least we will have a great view to see us off (the Amex)
We've saved a seat to put the three points on for the return journey.
Wrap up warm peeps

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Up to Blackburn on Saturday.

Please ffs Albion - at least try and win the fu****g game even if we lose in
the process. Shelling out at least £100 in the process as we all do for
many away games........i.e., travel +ticket + x's (including beer I'll admit).

I can think of many ways of a) spending the time and b) the money. And the
goodwill/payback from the other half is worth just as much.

Please, pretty please just do me a favour?

:bhasign:
Fair play to those going, but lets be honest we would not score on an empty pitch, not the players or managers fault but the clubs for lack of investment in the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here