Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] black pudding and kipper pizza

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
well , what can i say , black pudding and kipper pizza is now a thing ......crusty base , squeeze of lemon....boom shank.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
well , what can i say , black pudding and kipper pizza is now a thing ......crusty base , squeeze of lemon....boom shank.

Used to regularly have a black pudding, king prawn and garlic pizza at the place across the road from my old office......fantastic - would imagine this is similar. Thumbs up from me :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kipper is just an intricate network of little bones to be extracted, and is ultimately not worth the effort.

I'm out.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not sure about kippers, but anchovies, which have a stronger taste, are a common ingredient in Napolitana pizzas, and spaghetti putanesca etc

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Surely you can't beat a 2am home made pizza.....

Attachments

• McDonalds-Pizza (2).jpg
    McDonalds-Pizza (2).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 224

Jul 7, 2003
Black pudding and fried egg sandwich every saturday morning is my guilty pleasure.

Also works well when you spread black pudding across the bread when making a bacon sandwich.

I think a lot of people are put off by black pudding when you get the thin, overcooked hockey puck version in hotels and cafes. A good quality black pudding has great flavour and works well with a number of dishes, not least under slices of belly pork.

Anyone in Burgess Hill should try the one from Thorne's butchers in the Martlets. It is triangular and has chunks of hard fat which keep it nice and moist. They are also Albion fans in there so always good to support our own.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Who wants to eat something made out of animal blood !!!! A vampire perhaps . My general rule of thumb is if it’s a popular food in Scotland, avoid it because they have the most unhealthy diet in Western Europe .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who wants to eat something made out of animal blood !!!! A vampire perhaps . My general rule of thumb is if it’s a popular food in Scotland, avoid it because they have the most unhealthy diet in Western Europe .

Morcilla, Véres Hurka, Boudin Noir, Blodpudding, Kishka, Ssângerete, Krovyanaya Kolbasa, Blodpølse, Kaszanka, Mustamakkara, Buristo, Blutwurst (and that's just from Europe), also popular in various forms throughout the Americas and Asia. I thought you were a man of cosmopolitan tastes :shrug:

Easily available locally, Stornoway and Clonakilty :drool:

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
black pudding is beautiful if done right

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Nduja works on pizza too. better than Migliaccio

Nduja is delicious in/on many things...

Incidentally, I can't hear or read the word without singing to myself "Do do, do do do nduja" to the tune of Franz Ferdinand's "Do you want to"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kipper is just an intricate network of little bones to be extracted, and is ultimately not worth the effort.

I'm out.

I assume you have never heard of a kipper fillet? ???

And in case you're related to Noddy Holder, a kipper tie is not something you have with milk and two sugars.

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You make it sound like you have to drink it through a straw.

I'll let you into a little secret: no matter how well-hung a meat, it contains an awful lot of blood.

Black pudding is not a specific scottish food.

And vampires would generally feast on the blood of their former species (i.e., humans) were it not for the fact that vampires are fictitious (not real).

Vampire bats, on the other hand are real.

Finally, me, yes, me. I like meat and I like black pudding.

Apart from that, I'm with you 110%, blud.

:wink:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
No one picks the bones out of a Kipper shirley, just crunchy, scrapes/ cleanses your system right throoough

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good black pudding is a thing of beauty. Done properly it is truly delicious. Recently got a couple of these from the British Charcuterie Company on line and cannot recommend enough for fans of the genre

https://thegreatbritishcharcuterie.co.uk/product/beals-farm-mangalitza-morcilla-black-pudding/

Also, I really don't see the point in an animal dying if you're not going to use as much of it as possible. Pretty much everything inside and outside a pig can be eaten and it takes a great chef with a real understanding to do good things with kidneys, trotters and blood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here