Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Black Lives Matters on shirts

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nailed it there.

This film flam is meaningless, like the North Korean style worship of pride. Those that run football years ago used to vow to keep politics out of football, and that position has shifted and now the chickens have come home to roost. This is a divisive step, and just another one that makes many people fall out of love with football and its clubs.

The sooner we are relegated back to divisions 1 and 2, the sooner we can get back to the days where football was the priority. I know we will lose money and fans, but as far as I can see those that didn’t go to the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean are broadly no loss. They can go back to supporting their previous Premiership loves or burping the worm up in Mum’s spare room.

Hasta la victioria siempre.
Your quote on Albion fans is a myth, the minute the Amex opened it attracted 20k+ fans this would of been the case had we been in league 1 or the championship. Yes we attract day trippers the same happened at the Goldstone. Personally you wouldn’t lose money TB would which he frankly doesn’t deserve just to please the fans with mindsets like yours.

Can you imagine how crap the Amex would be with 8k home fans in league 2 depressing as shit, why anyone would wish for that is beyond me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Imagine the PL promoting any other organisation that has, thus far, caused riots, robbing, attacks on police and graffiti on our national monuments. It’s bizarre.

If they hadn’t done that stuff, then maybe you can forgive them, but this seems like it’s totally against our values.

If you lived in Iran, you’d be forgiven for thinking that the UK is just another state of the US.

As was said earlier, we already had an anti-racism organisation - Kick It Out and, as far as I know, they haven’t participated in riots.

What is more bizarre is that people are going along with the PL basically rewarding BLM for their bad behaviour.

Honestly, who actually believes black lives DON’T matter? Yes, black people have been killed by the police in America, but so have whites (actually more).

I can’t see the PL promoting a slogan such as ‘Save White South African Farmers’ or ‘Save Black Albinos’ anytime soon, do you? No? Thought not, they are just jumping on the bandwagon, despite the polarised opinions BLM have caused.

Politics should be kept well clear of football.

So we all agree that black lives matter yet the Black Lives Matter is polarising?

Do you have evidence that the BLM people have participated in riots? It could well be that they are protesting peacefully and people have jumped on the opportunity to cause trouble. It is really hard to see from the footage I have seen who is responsible.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So we all agree that black lives matter yet the Black Lives Matter is polarising?

Do you have evidence that the BLM people have participated in riots? It could well be that they are protesting peacefully and people have jumped on the opportunity to cause trouble. It is really hard to see from the footage I have seen who is responsible.

HCSO needs help identifying hundreds of Walmart looters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ38ZyidZDs

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

:lolol:

:clap:

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The question that leaps from that video for me is: why do people not feel 'safe' on the rest of the campus?

The video doesn't do a great job of presenting a balanced discussion on this (the bias is pretty clear).

Universities generally have some kind of mission statement for these things that would outline the propose if the space discussed. Without knowing it's propose it is hard to form an opinion either way.

FWIW, to me that video is not in any way evidence that 'segregation is being ushered back in'. Perhaps you could explain a bit more as to why you think it is?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The girl in the video is passive aggressive, smug and authoritarian. Her view is obnoxious and divisive. The centre is "Multicultural" . Does that just mean black culture. Judging by the white kids interviewed, they don't seem to pose a threat. I for one, would hate to see this separating races normalised.

The Middle Ground

Nov 15, 2019
Bloody hell, this is an embarrassing post

Oh hold on there's more :ffsparr:

Dear me, they're all out :lol:

And this one's just bordering on nasty. Couple of thumbs up too I see. Lovely.

Well done everyone :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can only guess that you like to provoke reaction when quoting 4 or 5 people in one post? Are you an attention seeker?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The girl in the video is passive aggressive, smug and authoritarian. Her view is obnoxious and divisive. The centre is "Multicultural" . Does that just mean black culture. Judging by the white kids interviewed, they don't seem to pose a threat. I for one, would hate to see this separating races normalised.

Where was the separating?

Nobody left and nobody asked anyone to leave.

Read bashlsdir's link. The mix up is explained pretty well in this.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ultural-center

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
it isnt a movement, its a slogan. it represents different things to different people. in US its about police brutality, here its found some focus on anti-slave/colonal history. protests serve purpose for action now, not so useful for long term change. so if there is to be anything come from this, a few leader need to emerge, put forward solid political objectives that can be acted on.

This. It is also a website.

As mentioned ad infinitum, some gammon on here seem to be trawling for info or vids by dimbots who happen to be black so they can say 'enough is enough, time to move on'.

Sorry, it isn't. And their silly racist behaviour proves it :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well done the premier league, its a good gesture and I fear it will not, but hope it helps in some change. I really liked the articles Chris Hughton wrote and also the one Liam Rosenior (wearing a brighton training top in the photo). Both have seen first hand the ingrained and instituted racism in our national game.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...trump-us-president-george-floyd-liam-rosenior

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...otests-wondering-if-it-will-change-things-yes

I was going to buy a cardboard cutout in the stand at the Amex, but instead I have given the money to the Bail Project, it is such a simple idea and really highlights how people receive injustice and prejudice, in a western democratic society. I would recommend people at least spend a few minutes to watch the TED talk on it, and how such a simple change in the legal system can change so much. If you give it also shows how your money will get used again and again to free people out of incarceration and a downward spiral.

https://www.ted.com/talks/robin_steinberg_what_if_we_ended_the_injustice_of_bail?language=en

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Well done the premier league, its a good gesture and I fear it will not, but hope it helps in some change. I really liked the articles Chris Hughton wrote and also the one Liam Rosenior (wearing a brighton training top in the photo). Both have seen first hand the ingrained and instituted racism in our national game.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...trump-us-president-george-floyd-liam-rosenior

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...otests-wondering-if-it-will-change-things-yes

I was going to buy a cardboard cutout in the stand at the Amex, but instead I have given the money to the Bail Project, it is such a simple idea and really highlights how people receive injustice and prejudice, in a western democratic society. I would recommend people at least spend a few minutes to watch the TED talk on it, and how such a simple change in the legal system can change so much. If you give it also shows how your money will get used again and again to free people out of incarceration and a downward spiral.

https://www.ted.com/talks/robin_steinberg_what_if_we_ended_the_injustice_of_bail?language=en

Well done the Premier League for rewarding criminal behaviour?

Bizarre.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
" know their place " , what exactly does that mean ?

The place you want them to be. Which is not irritating white people like you with all this BLM 'nonsense'* as you evidently see it. Why else keep posting whataboutery (images and links to black people being dicks, as if this justifies racism)?

I asked you to explain another post yesterday but you chose to ignore me.

If you won't explain what you mean one has to infer what you mean. I infer you're racist :shrug:

*in quotes so you can't pretend you don't understand what I'm saying. Half of me still thinks you don't understand. The other half thinks your turning into a troll.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

D

Deleted member 2719

So you think anyone discriminated against should just accept it and"get on with life?" Thats exactly why BLM started when BAME people refused simply to accept what was happening. Exactly right I would say especially if it shakes up my cosy feeling that all is well in the UK.

As for you last sentence that is simply offensive. Why does wearing a BLM shirt fuel any fire? Unless of course someone is a racist?

This is possibly the most ridiculous analogy I’ve ever seen. Have a think about what you’ve just suggested - that adding this slogan, is akin to deliberate offensive antagonisation of an entire target audience.

In short, that everyone watching would not only be against the message intended, but against it to the point of being offended by its mere presence.

Amazing

What fire is this fueling exactly and how is it fueling it?

and how on earth is it like wearing a palace shirt in the North Stand.

So do you guys think that the BLM movement is doing good and bringing people together?

Many including Mr Kraay underestimated the feelings of Brexit and scoffed at the idea that anyone would or could vote for it.....WRONG

You lot are so out of touch with the feeling of people. Joe public seeing BLM rioting and defacing the statues and monuments on our streets and get away with it could even rile the local vicar(unless he lives in the bubble) BLM doesn't give a shite about society or they wouldn't be putting lives at risk because of their irresponsible behaviour while we have a KILLER pandemic on our streets.

Like I said race issues will always be there, they are making things more divided in the UK, things were improving it and these sheep have ruined it for decades.

If I and a few mates wore white lives matter t-shirts through the middle of Johannesburg what do you think the outcome would be?

And would it be a clever idea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here