Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Black Lives Matters on shirts

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t be arsed to read all of this. But I am interested to know how long did it take for someone to post All Lives Matter?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Nothing against it but the timing just comes across of jumping on the bandwagon. 3 weeks back they were all for making football returning a celebration of the NHS.

A one week gesture and then what ?

Just maybe all this will go away. But my dog (who is black) wants a movement to say 'dogs lives matter.' And there's a bunch of cows near the London railway line who're talking about a 'cows lives matter' movement. This one could run and run.

True movements result in the events we saw after the Shoreham Air disaster. Genuine grief, support for the victims' families and the massive support from everyone connected with the club. Not 'bending a knee' about some event that happened thousands of miles away in a different country.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Get a grip mate, and this will not end racism it will divide people.
Things have got a million times better over the years and would have continued to improve.

BLM protest will set the country back to the 70s.

Lots of people get a rough deal in life, but the true winners don't make excuses, they just get on with it. The past is the past, the now and the future is what should be viewed.
As for Ferdinand and Sterling getting involved it is a disgrace if they want to be politicians sign up if not they can shut up.

They are opening up a massive can of worms.

The problem isn't the past. Yes, things have improved, but not enough

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I can’t be arsed to read all of this. But I am interested to know how long did it take for someone to post All Lives Matter?

Me neither, as soon as we hear that Operation Trident has been shut down then we will we understand Black Lives matter. Sleep tight.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Am I alone in thinking that replacing names on shirts with Black Lives Matter is insulting, bordering on racism against whites ? Politics and sport should not mix imho .
Can you explain more about how you find replacing names on football shirts with 'Black Lives Matter' insulting?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No smokescreen. Just opinion. Jolly decent of you not to attack me.
Your 'opinions' demonstrate a severe lack of empathy. Our conversation on another thread highlighted and confirmed this.

It is probably worth keeping this in mind when you post your opinions. It may have you more embarrassment in the future. It may also save others some of the hurt felt when you tactlessly express those opinions).

I hope you don't take this as an attack, that is not my intention either.

Hopefully my first inclination was correct and you are just trolling and the embarrassment you feel after Tony's post will make you consider reeling it in a bit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Looking forward to seeing it on the shirts of a certain norhern team.

BTW, can you IMAGINE the binfest on here if/when Albion players all take the knee. :ffsparr:
Aussie Rules players all took a knee before last night's game.

I was impressed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely all lives matter? Wouldn't that be a more 'inclusive' message? Wouldn't it be good if Rochdale and Oldham players sported shirts with 'exploitation of white girls by asians is wrong'. Whats the chances?

Shitholes Don’t Matter on the back of Stoke shirts?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Sorry to sort of derail but I couldn't be arsed to start a thread, it seems that segregation is being ushered back in. These people are going insane. Or am I wrong?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry to sort of derail but I couldn't be arsed to start a thread, it seems that segregation is being ushered back in. These people are going insane. Or am I wrong?

The question that leaps from that video for me is: why do people not feel 'safe' on the rest of the campus?

The video doesn't do a great job of presenting a balanced discussion on this (the bias is pretty clear).

Universities generally have some kind of mission statement for these things that would outline the propose if the space discussed. Without knowing it's propose it is hard to form an opinion either way.

FWIW, to me that video is not in any way evidence that 'segregation is being ushered back in'. Perhaps you could explain a bit more as to why you think it is?

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

D

Deleted member 22389

The question that leaps from that video for me is: why do people not feel 'safe' on the rest of the campus?

The video doesn't do a great job of presenting a balanced discussion on this (the bias is pretty clear).

Universities generally have some kind of mission statement for these things that would outline the propose if the space discussed. Without knowing it's propose it is hard to form an opinion either way.

FWIW, to me that video is not in any way evidence that 'segregation is being ushered back in'. Perhaps you could explain a bit more as to why you think it is?

https://multicultural.virginia.edu/multicultural-student-center

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That's a lot to read... Just getting ready to go out.

From a quick scan it seems like a s somewhat mixed message.

Evidence of 'segregation bring ushered back in' or confusion over the purpose of a space?

The original video certainly has a view on that.

I guarantee that bashldir hasn't read it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Am I alone in thinking that replacing names on shirts with Black Lives Matter is insulting, bordering on racism against whites ? Politics and sport should not mix imho .

Bloody hell, this is an embarrassing post

Its just another thing to incite hatred in the UK, it needs to be stopped IMO.

Oh hold on there's more :ffsparr:

Just in case you did not realise, gammon is now considered to be a racist insult. Link below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Dear me, they're all out :lol:

Same. Like that stupid LGBT sh&t that was forced on us last year or the 'heads up' mental health awareness b&ollox. Only good thing about that was the bar was open for a a minute later. Why can't football just be left alone and not be used as a vehicle for all sorts of 'causes'.

And this one's just bordering on nasty. Couple of thumbs up too I see. Lovely.

Well done everyone :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here