Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Black Lives Matters on shirts

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only the players ? Why not the match officials ? Stewards ? The list goes on. Now let,s ALL take a step back and have a calm think and talk about this,mind you haven't we been here before ?

Your punctuation is diabolical. It seriously detracts from the point you're trying to make.

Yes, yes we have been here before so, yes, let's just forget all about all his silliness, then.

You can start.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Here we go again. It is political so probably not great. Also why, overnight, have BLM got the monopoly on anti-racism? That doesn't wash with me.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
My idea of watching football is a few hours of 'not real world' and emotion/adrenalin/entertainment.

I do not want it mixed, and diluted, with political comment ta.

Same. Like that stupid LGBT sh&t that was forced on us last year or the 'heads up' mental health awareness b&ollox. Only good thing about that was the bar was open for a a minute later. Why can't football just be left alone and not be used as a vehicle for all sorts of 'causes'.

D

Deleted member 2719

That's rich coming from someone who posts the stream of bile you do.

Your opinion is transparent. Anything which is about social justice, moral integrity or general civility and you're against it. It's not what you believe in, so it's time it all stopped. The simple little Britain vision you have for the country isn't shared by many on here and quite clearly if you watch the news, the country is moving away from the tired old farts with lazy outdated opinions.

Keep up or pipe down with your message of hatred and division.

I think we know where the hate is coming from.

Don't start accusing me of having outdated opinions, maybe some of those BLM protestors dragging up history from centuries ago should be the ones to have a long hard look at first.

Let it lie and get on with it and stop spreading the hate and division through our country.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
So, there are racist views on NSC. Who knew. The reason for the 'Black lives matter' is obvious to normal people. To feel its racist towards white people is fecking ridiculous

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I think we know where the hate is coming from.

Don't start accusing me of having outdated opinions, maybe some of those BLM protestors dragging up history from centuries ago should be the ones to have a long hard look at first.

Let it lie and get on with it and stop spreading the hate and division through our country.

The 'division' comes from centuries of endemic racism. Protests for a couple of WEEKS, has upset some people. Deal with it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My idea of watching football is a few hours of 'not real world' and emotion/adrenalin/entertainment.

I do not want it mixed, and diluted, with political comment ta.

Everything is political. Having a text that says "AMERICAN EXPRESS" on your shirt is every bit as much of a political comment as having one that says "Black Lives Matter".

If the former one didnt bother you, this one shouldnt either. It wont impact the game itself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hadn't heard about this story until now, so we away to read more. Aside from the main story, this bit stood out for me...

The issue of what happens if a player removes his shirt to reveal a slogan in support of the movement was raised at the meeting. Referees had expressed concerns about the appropriateness of issuing a yellow card and are expected to be asked to use their discretion.​

Tricky one for refs to decide upon, although the lack of crowds may help them out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Everything is political. Having a text that says "AMERICAN EXPRESS" on your shirt is every bit as much of a political comment as having one that says "Black Lives Matter".

If the former one didnt bother you, this one shouldnt either. It wont impact the game itself.

Not with you there.

Having "That'll Do Nicely" on your shirt is commercial and ££££££s, not social comment.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Why wasn't there a 'say no to terrorism' slogan on shirts after the manchester arena bombings? Why wasn't 'in memory of Lee Rigby' displayed on shirts? Why don't we have a 'stop asian gangs exploiting white females' on shirts? No doubt there will be a minutes silence (yeah I know the stadiums will be empty) for the convicted armed robber killed 6000 miles away.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You think saying that black people are people whose lives matter is racist against whites?

i wish you would have pointed out earlier that White Lives Matter isnt racist against Blacks. Would have saved a whole lot of bother.
Everyone could have shouted (insert colour of choice) Lives Matter and it could all just be a non racial shouting match

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
In my humble opinion I think putting BLM on football shirts is a terrible idea. In the same way I don't agree with poppies on shirts in November. Everyone should be able to make up their own mind about things and protest or carry on as they see fit.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Why wasn't there a 'say no to terrorism' slogan on shirts after the manchester arena bombings? Why wasn't 'in memory of Lee Rigby' displayed on shirts? Why don't we have a 'stop asian gangs exploiting white females' on shirts? No doubt there will be a minutes silence (yeah I know the stadiums will be empty) for the convicted armed robber killed 6000 miles away.

Strangely enough, people are generally aware that a 'no to terrorism' is a given, but believe it or not (no, really) there are some people that do need reminding that Black Lives Matter, odd as it must seem to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here