Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Black Jacks or Fruit Salads

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Fruit Salad. I will also add Opal Fruits especially Strawberry flavored. I also like Chocolate covered raisins (the heathen that I am)

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
When i was a young lad in the 50s you could buy 960 of these for a pound ,when Decimalisation came in 1971 you could then only buy 400 for a pound. I think i wept. The spending power of my pocket money was reduced overnight.
Blackjacks for me............Indeed in the mid sixties you could buy 4 for an old penny...48 for a shilling and 960 for £1 or 20 shillings.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
1697137733461.png

End of thread...we have a winner...THESE WERE AND STILL ARE THE DOUBLE HARD BARSTARDS OF THE CHEW WORLD!...NICE LITTLE KICK TO THESE SUCKERS OR SHOULD I SAY CHEWS!

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
There is no doubt that the flavour and taste of sweets today have nothing on those of the old days

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I like both, but they taste different now.
Parma Violets are good too, a bit of a Marmite thing.
I like Drumsticks and get them on the rare occassions I see them here and let us not forget Victory Vs.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
To this date I have never had a Refresher.
OzMike...I wasn't sure which of your posts had me aghast the most?...who in their right mind likes parma violets (like sucking on soap) and Why have you not treated your taste buds to a refresher? Im started to think you are the sort of man who likes a fishermans friend?

mile oak

May 21, 2023

I don't gamble (mugs game) so its a lovely fruit salad for me to include kiwi, cranberries, Granny Smiths and nectarines

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
OzMike...I wasn't sure which of your posts had me aghast the most?...who in their right mind likes parma violets (like sucking on soap) and Why have you not treated your taste buds to a refresher? Im started to think you are the sort of man who likes a fishermans friend?

Correct, I like Fishermans Friends as well.
Will try a Refresher if I see one at the English Lolly Shop here.
I had my first Pot Noodle about 6 months ago and I am 63 years old, with some of my formative years being a student too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Obviously Fruit Salads. I don't even know how this is a debate.

All Black Jacks are good for is making your tongue turn purple.
And pulling fillings out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here