Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Black Friday ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I used to post more often but your stalking stopped me.
Wow - you knew 4 months ago that yesterday I would put my wrist to the strain of TWO whole clicks to find your last post in order to "stalk" you? Can you bend spoons as well?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I knew your wrists were strong enough for the job.
See, that "joke" would work better if you went with wrist rather than wrists. Still, good job on fixing Beckham's metatarsal and moving the ball on the penalty spot with just your mind.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Black Friday annoys the hell out of me...its an American "thing", so why have we adopted it over here all of a sudden? Its also traditionally the day after Thanksgiving in the States, yet there are already Black Friday deals going on. Stupid.

Lets just call it "Not Full Price November" and stop pretending its a one day special event with amazing deals you'll never find again. Anything to get people spending more money....:rolleyes::rant:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Didn’t we just have International men’s day?
B7ZtS5B.png

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Black Friday annoys the hell out of me...its an American "thing", so why have we adopted it over here all of a sudden? Its also traditionally the day after Thanksgiving in the States, yet there are already Black Friday deals going on. Stupid.

Lets just call it "Not Full Price November" and stop pretending its a one day special event with amazing deals you'll never find again. Anything to get people spending more money....:rolleyes::rant:

Oh no it’s not (he says in a panto type voice)

It’s the day they drop their prices back down to what they were a month ago, that is before they put them up temporarily in order that they could reduce them today and make all think we are getting a bargain

Just a big marketing hype

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s the day they drop their prices back down to what they were a month ago, that is before they put them up temporarily in order that they could reduce them today and make all think we are getting a bargain

Wheel this out all the time but the last TV I bought was £30 more expensive in the sales than when I bought it 2 months earlier.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Oh no it’s not (he says in a panto type voice)

Why do we call it Black Friday in this country when it lasts for a week or so.
Then there is hyper something or other.
I have no problems with a proper and honest black Friday but we don't seem to be able to do it.
I'm sure there will be thousands flocking down to SDS sofas before the half price deals finish this weekend.
Are the British really total mugs these days, Brexit and the General Election makes me think they are, with shops and politicians really taking the piss these days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
See, that "joke" would work better if you went with wrist rather than wrists. Still, good job on fixing Beckham's metatarsal and moving the ball on the penalty spot with just your mind.

Macallister oh yes

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anyone decent deals out there? Most of this is marketing hype...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone decent deals out there? Most of this is marketing hype...

It is certainly the time to be buying Amazon devices if they are something you've been thinking about...

Firestick, Firestick 4k, Echo Dot, Echo Show 8, Echo and Fire tablets are all heavily discounted here >>> https://amzn.to/2OxuBFu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here