Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Friday Riots and Mayhem...........

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't think you can equate the people who buy food in the reduced isle sections of supermarkets to the greedy scrambling round for cheap tellies we've seen today. Sad to say, there are people who buy the cheapest food they can because they have to.

Yes, but come on you know what I am on about we all see people moaning about not having money while puffing away, whilst sipping vodka or whatever. Some of these people scrabbling around will be borrowing money to buy stuff they don't need or could spend the money better. It is their choice but don't moan about it after its gone.

el punal

Yes folks, welcome to F***wit Friday! It's a No-Brainer - because you don't need one. Just queue up like a lemming for something you don't really need, get pushed, shoved, thumped, crushed and trampled on and exit with . . . . what?

A bargain! Did you want it? No - but it was reduced by x%, so it was too good an opportunity to miss out on! :rant:

Yes, but come on you know what I am on about we all see people moaning about not having money while puffing away, whilst sipping vodka or whatever. Some of these people scrabbling around will be borrowing money to buy stuff they don't need or could spend the money better. It is their choice but don't moan about it after its gone.

Would pick up a customer in the cab all the cheap brands on the grocery range then all the pucker brands for spirits/fags

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think it's fan bloody tastic! I was there this morning. I had this woman in a head lock and gave her daughter a right upper cut punch on the chin. Next year I'll get tooled up. BTW Let's call it SMACK FRIDAY in future!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sometimes it shouldn't even be their choice. Family allowance for example really needs to be issued in the form of vouchers that can only be spent on things that might stand a sporting chance of finding their way to the kids they were intended for.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I dislike the concept of black friday as much of most of you on here - it just shows how big business and capitalism/consumerism has people wrapped round their little fingers - but some of the horrible elitism shown on this thread about people who rely on bargains and sales (I'm talking primarily about food here which some posters have mentioned) something hopefully most of you haven't and never will have to experience. Don't try and belittle people over lack of money, it makes you just as bad if not worse than the people wrestling in Asda over a new TV.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I dislike the concept of black friday as much of most of you on here - it just shows how big business and capitalism/consumerism has people wrapped round their little fingers - but some of the horrible elitism shown on this thread about people who rely on bargains and sales (I'm talking primarily about food here which some posters have mentioned) something hopefully most of you haven't and never will have to experience. Don't try and belittle people over lack of money, it makes you just as bad if not worse than the people wrestling in Asda over a new TV.

As a person yes I have had to prioritize money in the past and have had times when I have lived in a shit hole and I mean shit hole and survived on Bread, butter, given up the fags, and any other luxury items. I am not belittling people who have to struggle day to day and thank god I did not have children at the time so can only imagine what added stress that would cause. You know and we all know people who I am on about we see them come on lets not pretend they don't exist. Why do people get offended by the truth sometimes or feel the need to defend or deny that things and people like this exist....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are there 'customers' fighting at the Black Friday Amex Superstore Sale yet ???

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch with two old dears:

Mrs Robinson: I've been shopping.
Mrs Non-Robinson: What'd you buy?
Mrs Robinson: A piston engine.
Mrs Non-Robinson: What d'you buy that for?
Mrs Robinson: It was a bargain.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
As a person yes I have had to prioritize money in the past and have had times when I have lived in a shit hole and I mean shit hole and survived on Bread, butter, given up the fags, and any other luxury items. I am not belittling people who have to struggle day to day and thank god I did not have children at the time so can only imagine what added stress that would cause. You know and we all know people who I am on about we see them come on lets not pretend they don't exist. Why do people get offended by the truth sometimes or feel the need to defend or deny that things and people like this exist....

It's not even that the people in this thread have explicitly said 'these people are scum for buying discount things' etc, but the general attitude of 'I'd rather just buy it full price than go when it's busy'. After working in a supermarket you get to know people who schedule their weekly shop around times which they know food is getting discounted simply because they can't afford it all full price (i think we can agree certain foods are priced well out of proportion). The people you're talking about, presumably those who are out today fighting over stuff are wrong, but if you want to buy something nice for your family on christmas which you couldn't usually afford of course you're going to go out today and try and get it at a much lower price than usual (I'm not condoning the fighting by the way, that's just stupid). I'm not being offended by the truth, i'm getting angry at people making snobby remarks about people in a less fortunate situation than themselves despite not ever having been in that situation.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Are there 'customers' fighting at the Black Friday Amex Superstore Sale yet ???

The Albion are calling it Blue Friday, of course :)

I actually think its all quite laughable that people have to resort to handbags just to get a cheap telly. I've got no problems at all about people buying reduced supermarket food as it means at least it doesn't end up in landfills.

I'm just have sympathies for the police when they have to sort this out.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
There seems to be very little criticism of the shop's cynical attitude here.

edit: carteater's post above being a great example. Chuck a few things out cheap (god forbid you adopt a first come first serve approach) whip up the people, get some great shots of poor people fighting over your products you've 'kindly' put out on sale, jobs a good 'un. Shops look good on telly, people look like trash.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
When I see what I want, I'm going to have it and no sucker is gonna get in my way. I have no problem getting physical if necessary. Face it. Nice guys come last!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bloody embarrassing how gulliable people are becoming in this country,bad enough with all the hype around a bloody phone,but this americanised shite tops the lot.

Very disturbing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here