Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black cabs-v-Uber.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Because to get a black cab on the road, the cabbie has to shell out THOUSANDS of pounds to acquire the expensive, wheelchair accessible vehicle and pay the costs of getting through the Knowledge test. Uber drivers can get on the road without either of these requirements.
That's an excuse British builders have had to put up with eastern europeans under cutting them for the last decade, I just gave up and did something else and yes I have thousands of pounds worth of tools in the garage.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
another case of knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.
more local firms going bankrupt.
more workers earning lower wages.
But you get a cheaper ride and a tax avoiding mega-corp makes a few
people very rich.

Nice. Agree with this completely!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
just another example of the fabric of long standing English traditions being handed over to foreign interests without a care , more money siphoned out of the country.....is it just me or is the U.K's operational budget deficit so enormous that it is basically unmanageable in a book-keeping sense and is being rorted left right and centre by those in power for their own financial gain..??....serious question..!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Uber is cheaper, and just offers a much better service.

There is no such thing as better service than a black cab. There is such a thing as cheaper but that's nothing like the same thing.

I love black cabs and despair that they are doomed by cheapskates who should be on the bus for the money they want to pay.

Same people who have ruined air travel by believing flying at almost the speed of sound anywhere in the world should cost you fifty quid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here