Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BIZARRE places you have seen Albion fans

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Has anyone every seen albion shirts or spoke to albion fans in places you would not expect anywhere in the world?

Whilst in Malta I saw a husband a wife, the husband was wearing an albion shirt whilst the wife was carrying a bag with a seagulls badge on the front.

My friend saw one whilst he was in Alaska as well.

Seems like we have a fans all over the world, which is good!

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
A few years back i was sea fishing in a boat in the Carribean off Jamaica with my son and another bloke and his son, after we got talking they not only lived about a mile away from us but were also ALB season ticket holders, scary stuff :-0

Accosted by a fellow fan whilst jumping over waves with the younger Pottings on a French beach in the Vendee (I was wearing my Skint era polo shirt). Had a chat about Falmer and stuff. Also spoke to the dad of a young fan wearing the colours whilst waiting at a French theme park, sadly he seemed most indifferent and seemed keen to distance himself from his son's fandom. Pre kids met a fan from Haywards Heath I believe whilst waiting for a ferry on Ithaca to take us back over the waters to Cephalonia.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
There were 3 other sets of Albion Fans at our Hotel in Agadir, Morocco in March this year

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a bus in LA in 1990.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
A guy running a beach bar in the Algarve at Praia da Luz.It turned out he was a friend of a friend and whilst previously working in the Corals Greyhound Stadium he threw Steve Foster out for peeing on the carpet in the bar.
I don't think many people know about that.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
On holiday in 1979, in Maine, New England.

The american waiter in a restaurant loved BHAFC, and without prompting knew all about Peter Ward & Co. He listened to their progress and occasional commentary on BBC World Service apparently.
We later sent him some match programmes.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Apart from Withdean, the hotel I normally go to in Egypt.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Running the New York Marathon, a bloke on 1st avenue wearing his skint top, loved the sing-up we had, shame I had to leave him and carry on running.

bloomingood

Pull your socks up!!
Feb 14, 2011
chickenrun
Basement bar in Macy's, New York. I walked in with my stripes on and was greeted by chants of SEAGULLS! from couple from Steyning, had a beer................. which was nice!

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
This year whilst on holiday in a small town in Bali I saw someone wearing an Albion shirt - the only football shirt I saw in the first week.

About twelve years' ago I was on a trip to Kangaroo Island where I met a couple of Brighton fans... they were very pleased to meet a Brighton fan who lived in Manchester "as they knew plenty of Man U fans who lived in Brighton!"

Back in 2002, when Roz and I were standing outside the fish and chip shop in Greenwich Village, New York, a lad drove up on a scooter and walked into the shop at the same time that we did. Not an Albion supporter, but a Burnley supporter, he lived in NYC and played football there. Like us, he had been to the opening game of that season at Turf Moor - the one that we won 3-1, just before embarking on that inglorious run of 12 consecutive defeats. The Albion game was the only game he had seen Burnley play that season and he was full of praise for our attacking style of play and solid defence. We, of course, knew different.

But the point is ... ain't it great to be able to talk Albion things thousands of miles away?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Montreal. I sent a scarf to my freind I know there. When he wore it to the office in his new job, someone asked him where he got it from, as he was an albion fan and showed him his woolen hat. They are both Canadian's. What's the chances of that.

D

Deleted User X18H

A guy running a beach bar in the Algarve at Praia da Luz.It turned out he was a friend of a friend and whilst previously working in the Corals Greyhound Stadium he threw Steve Foster out for peeing on the carpet in the bar.
I don't think many people know about that.

Any one who is deaf, dumb or blind maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here