Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bizarre finish at Whitehawk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That is too easy for football administrators.

This sort of crap doesn't half annoy me.

"They play advantage for ages in rugger & then bring it back."

Yes, because it's a territorial game rather than a fast moving, either way ball sport where advantage is subjective.

"They're so much more polite to the referee"

Yes, because half of them at least went to public school and learned to call people in authority "sir" on the pitch and in the showers.

"You can sit and watch with a rival fan and a beer"

Indeed, because rugby doesn't have tribal rivalries or the same history & culture as football.

When time's up, time's up and you blow the whistle. Just because it's Whitehawk doesn't make it any different. If you love rugger so much **** off and watch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's a pity as that last kick was a blinder of a volley!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This sort of crap doesn't half annoy me.

"They play advantage for ages in rugger & then bring it back."

Yes, because it's a territorial game rather than a fast moving, either way ball sport where advantage is subjective.

"They're so much more polite to the referee"

Yes, because half of them at least went to public school and learned to call people in authority "sir" on the pitch and in the showers.

"You can sit and watch with a rival fan and a beer"

Indeed, because rugby doesn't have tribal rivalries or the same history & culture as football.

When time's up, time's up and you blow the whistle. Just because it's Whitehawk doesn't make it any different. If you love rugger so much **** off and watch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not like rugby and think that the manner in which they end a game is the only good point and I cannot see why it cant be done in football if the ball goes out of play for a throw in, goal kick corner or a free kick everything bar a penalty call time then. It does mean the defending side will try to kick it out of play but the attackers will try their hardest to keep it going.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree with OP - differ bet ref different rules. Do they even add in time for the ball being out of play for a throw? Or only if they time-waste at a throw...? Another that gets me is where if a team is 4 or 5 nil up they just say **** it add 1 min on (particularly in Spain etc or champions league) whereas if it was 1-1 it would blatantly be 4 or 5 mins - essentially it's changing the rules depending on the game! So odd given how today's football is scrutinised etc...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agree with OP - differ bet ref different rules. Do they even add in time for the ball being out of play for a throw? Or only if they time-waste at a throw...? Another that gets me is where if a team is 4 or 5 nil up they just say **** it add 1 min on (particularly in Spain etc or champions league) whereas if it was 1-1 it would blatantly be 4 or 5 mins - essentially it's changing the rules depending on the game! So odd given how today's football is scrutinised etc...

I never reffed any higher than parks but you'd only stop watch for extended breaks - injury, time wasting etc. Throw ins are considered part of match time. Same as corners and goal kicks.

Personally I always made sure a game was stopped when ball was middle segment of pitch, or if defending team had won the ball. Madness to do so in situations like this.

Also a referee at any level cannot be marked down on injury time added on or how much is played.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I never reffed any higher than parks but you'd only stop watch for extended breaks - injury, time wasting etc. Throw ins are considered part of match time. Same as corners and goal kicks.

Personally I always made sure a game was stopped when ball was middle segment of pitch, or if defending team had won the ball. Madness to do so in situations like this.

Also a referee at any level cannot be marked down on injury time added on or how much is played.

Precisely. That's my point. So it's essentially arbitrary when a ref stops and starts his watch as, at some point, he thinks 'this is going on too long'. Add those decisions up over the course of a game and there's bound to be, say, 20 seconds of leeway which will almost always allow for the match to finish at a sensible moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here