Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bizare meeting of an Albion Fan today.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
It was in Westport 1hrs drive from Greymouth. The guy I met was called Terry who had been in South Africa for years but moved to NZ 7 years ago.

Dashing into the shop at Dover ferry terminal 4 Saturdays ago at around 0615 to get a coffee,wearing my old "Skint" Polo top, exchanged pleasantries with guy in Albion Polo top exiting said shop.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Walking into an Office works out of town in Adelaide and met a guy with his son wearing an Albion shirt. Said hi ans exchanged pleasantries. Also met a guy on a station platform in buffalo NY in 90 we were both wearin NOBO tops.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was his name Pete?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Benidorm. Given the ex pat population it's not really that surprising. Definitely the furthest though.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Not a Albion fan as such, but on holiday in rural Portugal, a I was talking to a Belgian who supported Royal Antwerp. As we got talking, he told me he'd been looking out for us for years, I asked him why, and he replied he liked our story!

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Not a Albion fan as such, but on holiday in rural Portugal, a I was talking to a Belgian who supported Royal Antwerp. As we got talking, he told me he'd been looking out for us for years, I asked him why, and he replied he liked our story!

I like this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Wonder if Royal Antwerp fans shout 'Come On You Twerps'?

(probably not though eh, on account of speaking Walloon or Flem or whatever)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A few years ago, one Saturday afternoon, I went to see a movie at a cinema in Ahwatukee (an area just to the south of Phoenix, in Arizona). As I wandered up the aisle and made my way to an empty seat, I found myself sat next to a young lad wearing an Albion top. Turned out they were also local residents, with his Dad being from the Brighton area.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Not quite the same but I was at a soft play place in Bury St Edmunds wearing my Brighton shirt when a man came up to me and said he was also a fan who was originally from near Brighton.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
played footy with an albion fan from Hurstpierpoint in Christchurch NZ earlier this season if that counts

I saw an Albion fan walking down a street in Melbourne last year when I was on holiday. I stopped him to give him the thumbs up but as he was talking on his mobile I didn't get the opportunity to speak to him. I did post it on NSC when I got back to try and find out who he was but nobody responded.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I was in a godforsaken town called Columbus in Nebraska. It was the middle of winter and I was wearing a Brighton parka.whilst looking at the assault rifles in Walmart...the guy behind the counter was looking at me strangely then wandered up and says " howdy..you from Brighton.." His dad was a migrant to the US and hailed from Telscombe. The whole family supports the Albion.

On another occasion I was in the arctic circle in Northern Finland and was staying in a log cabin with a mixed group of Europeans. I was wearing a Palookaville top under my ski clothes and heard this British voice saying " there's even weeds up here" yes..two of my fellow adventurers were Palace.

That made me giggle! :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here