Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma’s booking

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
100% penalty. Spurs, Man Utd et al would be all over the ref and screaming down the camera for VAR to get involved.

I mentioned it on the match thread. It was assault. They were still assaulting him as he was pushed to the ground. Lamie said it happens all the time at corners but this was excessive. Not sure why they thought Burn was a threat though tbh. He headed clear one of our own attacks minutes earlier.

My big gripe is also that had that been Man Utd etc we’d have seen replays after replay and probably VAR involved.

I dont know. Despite all the VAR shit and all the penalties and I dont think Ive seen one single penalty given for shirt pulling/climbing on someone on corners..? Correct me if Im wrong, but cant be many at least.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I mentioned it on the match thread. It was assault. They were still assaulting him as he was pushed to the ground. Lamie said it happens all the time at corners but this was excessive. Not sure why they thought Burn was a threat though tbh. He headed clear one of our own attacks minutes earlier.

My big gripe is also that had that been Man Utd etc we’d have seen replays after replay and probably VAR involved.

Really surprised why this wasn’t spotted by the officials or VAR, especially when a giant like DB ended up on the deck.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That IS a penalty, why didnt Burn protest? Can only think the Brighton players were so distracted by the ball hitting the post & Swiss Andy sky rocketing the rebound?:ohmy:

Good point about Burn not protesting, he went spare early on in the match over a corner decision.
I didn’t actually take much notice at the time about the miss from the rebound, doesn’t look good from close up on the video, Maupay also doesn’t look happy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gets his 1 game ban out the way against Newport, keeps him available for the next league match.

Someone mentioned it last night, but I can’t remember where, the FA cup game doesn’t count for his one for his suspension?

No, he misses the Man City match, I think there has been a rule change.

The rules changed at the start of the 18-19 season. Yellow cards are competition specific but red card suspensions still carry across all first team competitions.

For the league it's

5 yellows before the completion of 19 fixtures - 1 game ban
10 yellows before the completion of 32 fixtures - 2 game ban
15 yellows before the end of the season - 3 game ban

In the FA and League Cups players will miss one game if they pick up two yellow cards (in separate games), cards are cleared after the Quarter Finals so no player can miss the final, however if a player was to pick up a his second yellow of the competition in the QF they would be suspended for the SF.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This COULD be the game we hand out a drubbing imo. Leeds will let us play and as long as we are solid in defence we could do very well. We could also get a drubbing, got to love the PL

Leeds won;t let us play. An insane high press is the central pillar of their approach. We haven't done well against that type of team this season.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the lead up to the Wolves penalty, the ball went out of play, it wasn’t given. The ball went to Traore, who BDB fouled in the box.

The officials on Saturday were inept, something we seem to accept now, it’s so prevalent.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

This is where he should be lying on the ground holding his head and hitting the floor as if in agony.........then it would be looked at. This is the sort of faux play acting bad refereeing promotes Burn showed he is better than that but we didn't get the pen.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Perhaps best that Biss is out for City but back in time for Leeds. He has a score to settle with Bielsa so sure he'll be up for that one. Isn't Kalvin Phillips out for our game with Leeds?

Having his hair done?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here