Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma replacing Caicedo thoughts?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He’s going to be a key player for Spurs this season, and as many have said his wages would be very high.

We’ll either go after Haidara or bring in one with high potential like Federico Redondo or Alan Varela.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think what last night showed was when Caceido isn't on the pitch, he is a massive miss. Early days but we have been spoilt with top tier quality in defensive midfield in particular. We could do with another on the books.
Funny, i thought the complete opposite. I didn't think the extra Caicedo would have brought to the team instead of Dahoud and Gilmour was worth 80 million pounds.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Having a storming pre season at Tottenham by all accounts. They're raving about him on Twitter after his performance vs Barcelona.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bissouma will need to become a very different player if he wants to succeed or even get a game under their new Manager.

He is all about running till you drop very high intensity. I am not sure he is the greatest Coach but he does get everyone giving 100%

It will be interesting to see if that works with some higher profile players. It should if he gets results early. But if results go against him early then players might rebel against his methods. Also his heavy training schedules and heavy running early in matches often sees his players nackered by 60 minutes. That was fine at Celtic when the went 3 and 4 nil up by 60 minutes but if it's still level after 60 minutes I can see teams picking Spurs off in the second half of matches this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aside from the fact that we'd never hear the end of it from Spuds fans, I'd find it hilarious if Kane naffed off to Germany and they actually won something 🤣
As it seems impossible for all of North London to have a meltdown at the same time, I'd happily take a Spurs trophy, and all that noise, if it was paired with an Arsenal shitshow season.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If it's still level after 60 minutes I can see teams picking Spurs off in the second half of matches this season.

IMG-20230809-WA0000.jpg

scooter1

How soon is now?
Funny, i thought the complete opposite. I didn't think the extra Caicedo would have brought to the team instead of Dahoud and Gilmour was worth 80 million pounds.
I would agree with this, but RDZ is so intent on having Gross on the pitch that I think this could be to the detriment of a Gilmour/Dahoud partnership.
Gross cannot keep starting at right back just to have him on the pitch, he'll get found out.
It's a nice problem to have, but it would seem we have great competition for the midfield/number 10 slots

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would agree with this, but RDZ is so intent on having Gross on the pitch that I think this could be to the detriment of a Gilmour/Dahoud partnership.
Gross cannot keep starting at right back just to have him on the pitch, he'll get found out.
It's a nice problem to have, but it would seem we have great competition for the midfield/number 10 slots
I noticed against Rayo that Groß and Gilmour were tag teaming being at right back. I wonder if we’ll see this tactic on Saturday?

scooter1

How soon is now?
I noticed against Rayo that Groß and Gilmour were tag teaming being at right back. I wonder if we’ll see this tactic on Saturday?
Yeah, I noticed this too. As Gross drifted into midfield, Gilmour dropped to cover. However in the second half when Veltman was on, Gross seemed to drift back into RB naturally, even though Veltman was there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here