Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biss, Lampt, Webby

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If it came to the crunch and the worse happened, without these three, could the squad still operate at the same level that we currently have to date?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think the way we set up now, the understanding that every player has of their roles and of what Potter wants, that any eleven put out from now until the end of the season (of available players) would be there or there abouts.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If it came to the crunch and the worse happened, without these three, could the squad still operate at the same level that we currently have to date?

not sure but shifting them 3 pays for half of the Amex , im not advocating it at all , just saying.

and i think we would maintain a reasonable level on the pitch.....why give our direct opposition a leg up though... villa , newcassel both teams we are tussling with in mid table or will be from here on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Newcastle are also interested in BDB, apparently.

I said a fortnight ago that he was the Albion player that was the best bet for them. He'd be an instant improvement to their backline and considerably cheaper than Webdini both in terms of wages and transfer fee. For Dan, it would be a chance for a last decent pay day and an opportunity to go back to his boyhood club. This would not be a transfer that shocked me.

And the horse punchers should bid for Groß too. He's exactly the sort of player they want - experienced in the PL and nearing the end of his contract. He'd be very cheap.

I know the club is rolling in money but they did say that they weren't going to mad and keep within FPP. Both BDB and Groß fit the pattern of the sort of player they're buying. I'm not saying they're likely to go there but they're both far more likely than Webster or Biss.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

The club will not sell all 3 any time soon.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think that Lamptey would be the biggest miss of the three as we don't have a replacement in waiting.

Obviously all would be missed to some degree and if we want to continue our great form (or even improve) we need to keep our best players.

It is a balancing act that the club will have planned for.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Good question. Personally I think we will be OK all the time we have Potter as I put all this success down to him. I am not suggesting he is making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, but he does seem to be able to get the best out of most of the players at his disposal and mould them into a decent side. Much of the value of our players is within the context of their play within Potter’s setup. You can’t put an Audi cog into a Jaguar gearbox.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
For Webster and Bissouma we have similar players, not at quite the same level, who can step in. Duffy or Roberts for Webby, Mwepu/Alzate/Caicedo for Biss.

Lamptey is the player we cant really replace at the moment, we have players who can play RWB but not who are anywhere near his level, and do what he does.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Biss is in Cameroon and if Mali win next match still there next week, so no way that transfer is going to happen anyway.
I think Webby and Lamptey are young enough to know that there is no immediate rush for them to move to a relegation battle
Surely, even if tempted by the filthy lucre, you would wait to make sure Newcastle stay up first, then if they do, go there in the Summer when they are building for the future.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lamptey on his own made a huge difference Sunday.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
not sure but shifting them 3 pays for half of the Amex , im not advocating it at all , just saying.

and i think we would maintain a reasonable level on the pitch.....why give our direct opposition a leg up though... villa , newcassel both teams we are tussling with in mid table or will be from here on.
Agreed, I would happily,.. well unhappily, let them go at season end, but not in Jan... let's finish high enough to be an attractive option for new quality recruits in the summer.... that's my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here