Jul 17, 2003
Red (Bull) Planet FC?

CC3E7AF8-4863-4CD0-AD63-619B6848E09D.jpeg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It should be Man Utd. They are crying out for a player like him.

But my money is on Arsenal. Firstly I think he will be happier in London, but secondly with the Ben White deal done it is more likely we can agree terms with them than some of the others. I suspect we won't be keen to deal with Newcastle any time soon as an example.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Biss should seriously consider something like Cambridge United, where he’d be a big fish in a small pond.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Can't offer him CL football but I know the U's have very real ambitions to go further in the Pappa John's next season. If he turns that down then it's obvious its all about money and not honours.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
:lolol: :thumbsup:

Can't offer him CL football but I know the U's have very real ambitions to go further in the Pappa John's next season. If he turns that down then it's obvious its all about money and not honours.

Didn't Lua Lua consider going there for the Nandos Munching Cup competition ???

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We're obviously looking at this from a Brighton point of view, but buying clubs will be looking at it from the view of what top level midfielders are likely on the move this summer.

So for example, the Newcastle, Villa, level of clubs might be weighing up Yves against a bid for Ward Prowse, maybe Phillips

Liverpool, Man U type clubs, will be thinking Bellingham, Rice

This is without talking about coveted foreign players, like Malinkovic Savic, or Barella who could conceivably be on the market as well. Pogba will go somewhere

There will be lots of moving parts in the midfielder transfer market and likely a late flurry. We're in a good situation as the replacement is within the club, but on the other hand, might find ourselves short of numbers if we lose Gross and Bissouma. Lallana, Mwepu and Alzate the jury is out for me as to whether you'll get a season out of them

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Its a very difficult window for him as weirdly a lot of other big players in his position could be moving around restricting his options

There is talk of Phillips going to United, Pogba to Man City and that is before Rice comes into the mix. Arsenal need to go large on strikers so cannot see them in the bidding given their history of spending and the options they have in those positions

Most likely for me is Spurs, Villa or Newcastle as overseas clubs rarely offer the money we would be looking for.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I just can't work this one out.

1 Youri Tielemans is in a similar position contract wise and looking for a move. The Belgian International Calendar is a lot more UK friendly than Mali.
2 Ward-Prowse and Rice, could come into play for the top 6 and qualify as home grown.
3 Brighton will sell if the price is right, but would be happy to see him sign a contract extension.
4 Is Brighton and Mali a combination likely to draw attention from top European clubs, with deep pockets, or even outgoing Ajax managers?
5 with no obvious takers, is it going to take a series of moves to create the space and opportunity for him to move?

If the club do not place any unrealistic objections in his path, I think there remains the possibility of a long drawn out saga, followed by a 12 month extension.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Suspect Newcastle will be the only team prepared to offer us enough. He deserves the very best move at this stage in his career and you could argue that Newcastle isn’t that, but the money and ambition is there and I’d imagine most players would buy into that. Or be bought into it at least.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I hope he goes away on holiday and comes back to a new 3 year contract and we sell him for much more next year!

Unlikely, I know, but you never know.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hope he doesn't go, but if he does, at 25 I hope it's the right move for Yves sake which would be

Liverpool/City (a big step up for him), Arsenal/United or CL team abroad. Otherwise he may as well stay :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Suspect Newcastle will be the only team prepared to offer us enough. He deserves the very best move at this stage in his career and you could argue that Newcastle isn’t that, but the money and ambition is there and I’d imagine most players would buy into that. Or be bought into it at least.

I’m not sure. Manure are renowned for paying over the odds.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Voted for him going abroad.

He wants to play in the Champions League. Can't see a top club in the Premier League taking him for Disciplinary reasons (off and on the pitch).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There was a bit in the press last week by Smug Eddie saying Newcastle will have less that 100 million to spend so it will depend in their priorities if that’s true.

If he don’t want to stay he can go to whoever pays us the most money.

He’s no Albion legend, stay another season and he may be spoken about in those terms.

TB can play hardball and make him stay and end his contract but he won’t TB is not stupid and I’m 100% sure GP and TB et al have a plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here