Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birthday present for 16 year old

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Somewhat bizarrely, given that I can't remember what I did last week, I can remember exactly what I got for my 16th, a FEW years ago.

A pair of Adidas World Cups :love: and a copy of Darklands by the J&MC

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Into football. Everything Albion and does most away games. Like some bands I've never hear of. And spending hours in mc Donald's

Ask to have a look at his Spotify playlists. Note down his 3 favourite bands. Find out their tour schedules. Pick the one that's playing somewhere geographically convenient and closest in date to his birthday. Pay for 4 tix to the gig, and pay for 4 meals in McD's - him plus 3 best mates.

That might work?

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Get him an application form for an old persons bus pass. Tell him it is only 49 years until he can use it. Then tell him to treasure every moment until then.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
For my 16th birthday I was given 'Screamadelica' & 'Give Out But Don't Give Up' by Primal Scream and let off paying an astronomical landline phone bill I'd racked up for my parents by phoning a language student in Sweden I'd met, who'd returned home.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Get him an application form for an old persons bus pass. Tell him it is only 49 years until he can use it. Then tell him to treasure every moment until then.

Got mine at 60,just have to moan a bit!On the present front,whatever you get will be wrong.Get him £250 Amazon voucher (through NSC,of course) and he can get what HE wants.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Got mine at 60,just have to moan a bit!On the present front,whatever you get will be wrong.Get him £250 Amazon voucher (through NSC,of course) and he can get what HE wants.

I was going to say a voucher of some kind. For my 18th birthday (45 years ago) my brother gave me £10 worth of record tokens. I really enjoyed spending those in a local independent record shop in Worthing. £10 was about six LP's then.

But for major birthdays - even normal birthdays - we have always asked our girls what they wanted..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ask him for various suggestions of what he would like. That way you know you are getting him something he wants.
I cheat with my grandchildren now, and send them money.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Quite frankly Money and some booze. Find out if he smokes and get him a E-Cig to help him
Quit.

If I know the mind of a 16 year old as well as I think I do, then you will do no better than to get him a fully leather-bound volume set of Encyclopaedia Brittanica and a personally signed photograph from Giles Brandreth.

You have not been charged for this advice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Trainers, most teenage boys like decent trainers.
My youngest lad is 13 next month he's just told me he wants a pair of £70 trainers, I should be pleased he doesn't want a pair that cost double that.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Make a donation to a charity in his or her name.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The only thing my son wanted when he turned 16 in February, was money to buy some lottery tickets and scratch cards, because he could.

Paid for some of his mates to eat at Day's.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Realistically, get him a couple of crates of beer and let him have a few mates round to play FIFA and get pissed.

That or he's probably at the age where he'd appreciate stuff that'll make him look more mature when he's out. Decent looking watch, some nice aftershave etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here