Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham vs Boro, odds on a B'ham win

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As an aside, we are 4/7 to beat Derby. They are 5/1.

Think I've just found where my £10 compensation bet is going.

I think the safer option is the draw/Derby double chance at 7/5 (2.40). I just think that the draw is very realistic whereas a Derby win (with one or two of their players unavailable thanks to being "injured") is possible but unlikely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have stuck a tenner on Boro to win both halves at 5-2.
Boro basically only ever win by one goal these days so I'm afraid you've thrown your money in the bin there.

I reckon they will do what Burnley did at Preston. Score in the first half, not look remotely like scoring again, or conceding.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the safer option is the draw/Derby double chance at 7/5 (2.40). I just think that the draw is very realistic whereas a Derby win (with one or two of their players unavailable thanks to being "injured") is possible but unlikely.

Safer, but less lucrative.

I want something to help take the edge off of a nasty jolt, and £50 worth of beer tokens will help get me there. A draw is far from a disaster anyway, it probably won't change our task on the final day, as we know.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There must be a tenuous link to CH and one of the management, or backroom who would want do do him a favour like MMcC.

Eh? Hughton was Birmingham manager just 4 years ago, left on good terms and is well liked by all at the club. Nothing 'tenuous' there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Safer, but less lucrative.

I want something to help take the edge off of a nasty jolt, and £50 worth of beer tokens will help get me there. A draw is far from a disaster anyway, it probably won't change our task on the final day, as we know.

In that case you should wait for the Boro result before punting - these are the required punts to taker the edge off a nasty jolt IMO:

If Boro win, bet on a Derby win, as only a defeat makes our job harder (we'd have to win by 2+)
If Boro draw, bet on my Draw/Derby double chance. Only a win makes our job easier
If Boro lose, bet on a Derby win - only a defeat represents a missed opportunity to make our job easier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In that case you should wait for the Boro result before punting - these are the required punts to taker the edge off a nasty jolt IMO:

If Boro win, bet on a Derby win, as only a defeat makes our job harder (we'd have to win by 2+)
If Boro draw, bet on my Draw/Derby double chance. Only a win makes our job easier
If Boro lose, bet on a Derby win - only a defeat represents a missed opportunity to make our job easier.

Already done the bet - I've just been working under the assumption that Boro will go there and win on Friday, presumably in injury time.

In hindsight I should have doubled up a Derby win with that, but meh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have now double downed on my Burnley/Boro win double bet.

It turns out I could either have next Saturday or play off final Saturday (28th) off work, but not both.

I opted for the 28th.

I physically can not do any more to get the Albion promoted automatically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here