Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham v Wigan - hypothetical question

Would you take a Birmingham v Wigan draw if offered it now?

• Yes. We will need to win our final game however this turns out

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No. A draw at Forest might prove enough if Wigan or Reading then lose on the last day

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'd take a draw all day, unfortunately it won't happen as Birmingham are apparently absolutely shocking and Clark already seems defeated, according to one of my mates who supports them. People can make parallels to Blackpool but they have been showing a lot of fight in recent games, however Birmingham have loads of loanees who apparently couldn't give a ****... Expect them to go down with a whimper.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
It's tricky because if wigan draw at Brum.......then Bburn have nothing to play for against them......save local pride and denting their play offs......hmmm, yes i'd take a draw now.

That's not strictly correct.

Whatever happens (to Wigan on Tues) Blackburn has something to play for as they can finish 6th if we lose and so do Reading (v heavily) and Blackburn win (V heavily) overturning the +7 GD reading have on them (two 4-0's will do that)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
If Wigan get a point, then Blackburn will be out of the race and then won't be as up for it when they play wigan on the last day. Come on Birmingham!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's not strictly correct.

Whatever happens (to Wigan on Tues) Blackburn has something to play for as they can finish 6th if we lose and so do Reading (v heavily) and Blackburn win (V heavily) overturning the +7 GD reading have on them (two 4-0's will do that)
Not really likely I'm afraid, and that's why they are 40/1 to finish in the top 6. It's one thing willing your team to a win by a required four goal margin, but for TWO of them? No chance.

Realistically, they need Wigan to lose tomorrow - and if Wigan lose by TWO at Birmingham, then Blackburn will feel they have a proper chance - because a 2 goal win over Wigan is probably 5 times more likely than a 3 goal win (and we're hardly a shoo-in to beat Forest).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"No. A draw at Forest might prove enough if Wigan or Reading then lose on the last day "

Of course a draw at Forest might prove enough, but I'd settle for Wigan drawing tomorrow, so at least there are two playoff places left to play for.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"No. A draw at Forest might prove enough if Wigan or Reading then lose on the last day "

Of course a draw at Forest might prove enough, but I'd settle for Wigan drawing tomorrow, so at least there are two playoff places left to play for.

Yep, the overwhelming preference of most, and rightly so. The answer to this hypothetical question clearly boils down to the fact that not many people give Birmingham much of a chance of winning but they believe that Birmingham could very easily lose it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here