Birmingham v Rochdale Thursday night

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Live on sky . WHY???
I mean the League Cup is pretty crap these days and unless someone knows in advance that Rochdale are going to win at St Andrews it just doesn`t make any sense.
They could have shown Hartlepool v Wigan or Orient v WBA or even South Coast Team v Bolton, crazy.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Erm, I don't get why any of those games you've listed should be on, rather than this?
I'm starting to think it's down to your personal preference...
Is your problem simply a Premiership club is at home?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I kind of agree its a strange one to show. Surely its better to show a tie where a Premiership club is away from home rather than at home, because

a) the ground won't be empty, and
b) there's slightly more chance of there being an upset.

Surely even Crodo would agree that seeing Rochdale get molested at a deserted St Andrews is hardly a thrilling prospect. I agree with the right honourable threadstarter, it IS a rubbish choice.

*waits for the game to end up 4-3 to Rochdale*

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Maybe its part of the TV Deal? Rochdale drew the short straw and have to have one of their games televised in the cup, and since this is the furthest in a cup they are likely to go... ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I kind of agree its a strange one to show. Surely its better to show a tie where a Premiership club is away from home rather than at home, because

a) the ground won't be empty, and
b) there's slightly more chance of there being an upset.

Surely even Crodo would agree that seeing Rochdale get molested at a deserted St Andrews is hardly a thrilling prospect. I agree with the right honourable threadstarter, it IS a rubbish choice.

*waits for the game to end up 4-3 to Rochdale*

I agree, to be honest I am not a big fan of the seeding of the draw, there's nothing wrong with a couple of EPL giants going head to head in the early rounds.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Erm, I don't get why any of those games you've listed should be on, rather than this?
I'm starting to think it's down to your personal preference...
Is your problem simply a Premiership club is at home?

yeah, i think if Rochdale had been at home then fair enough.
my suggestions were just my idea of more likely to be shocks ie Saints v Bolton would be a much better game, plus the fact they`ve moved it to a thursday night, or is that to avoid a clash on weds night when the mighty sharks are live on sky? (or champs league)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports