Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In fairness, bbc sussex were making the same mistake (forgetting the goal v millwall).

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I think this might be most important result of season ,seems by what was said on the radio commentry that the defence was organized ,Paynter gives us another option up front .Gus has acted fast to strengthen squad ,bit frustrating some quality players never seem to be available but sounded like we were the most dangerous team going forward .

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
No win in nine is that?

Or one defeat in 4. When was the last time we were in the top division? We have played teams that have been there in the last 1, 2, 3 years. You expect us to be coasting at the top, 8 points clear? Maybe we should be bombarding you with negative comments for your negativity!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think this might be most important result of season ,seems by what was said on the radio commentry that the defence was organized ,Paynter gives us another option up front .Gus has acted fast to strengthen squad ,bit frustrating some quality players never seem to be available but sounded like we were the most dangerous team going forward .

I thought at the start it would be important. Chris Hughton said he knew how to stop the passing sides and it would be a test of we could go on playing we usually do and pass long if the pressing team were making it awkward. It was hard to work out what was going on on the radio, but it seems that teams pressing early on tend to run out of steam.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm perhaps miskaken, but didn't we go up two places (12th to 10th) on the back of this draw?

When the season is as early as it is -- 1/3rd played -- and the table is compressed as it is (13th-3rd differ by six points) I'm not sure how to get a solid handle on things.

Southampton and West Ham are both doing very-nicely-thank-you, but that's hardly a surprise.

Form, yeah, and the table doesn't lie, I know, but it's all a bit fog-of-war right now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm perhaps miskaken, but didn't we go up two places (12th to 10th) on the back of this draw?

When the season is as early as it is -- 1/3rd played -- and the table is compressed as it is (13th-3rd differ by six points) I'm not sure how to get a solid handle on things.

Southampton and West Ham are both doing very-nicely-thank-you, but that's hardly a surprise.

Form, yeah, and the table doesn't lie, I know, but it's all a bit fog-of-war right now.

We'd dropped to 13th on Wed when Birmingham won their game in hand so we moved up 3 places and 10th on a lesser goal difference as there are 3 teams with 19 points.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If leeds win by 4, we would move up to ninth!

Leeds will struggle to beat Cardiff, who at this time last season had 32 pts, two more than Southampton this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here