Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City V Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread****

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Birmingham City were very poor. And, tellingly, the team we put out today was strong enough to take three points. So there are questions to be asked before we speak of new players.

On the brighter side, little Vicente from Liverpool looks like everything we hoped he'd be.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really wonder about the people who call in to the radio after games. It's like some of them have no idea how transfers work, how players can demand more than is fair, or clubs can ask more than is fair, etc.

You get someone phone in who sound like they are intelligent, and are going to make a well thought out point, who talk about taking FFP into consideration, and you think 'ooh, this could be an interesting one' then just end up rolling your eyes as his "point" is just easily swiped away with the point that a club selling a player can ask for too much money.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jesus H Christ, automatic promotion gone after 2 games. You always post drivel but this is some of your best yet.

It's been a pretty awful start to the season but to say we are out of the race for automatic promotion with 44 games to go is quite frankly brain dead. Reading won the title in the 2011/12 season after losing 4 of their first 6 games and only picking up 5 wins in their first 17 games leaving them 18 points off first place, so the fact we are currently 6 pts adrift means nothing at this stage of the season..

Keep you hair on. Some people are suggesting relegation.

I think Forest, Norwich and Fulham are too good and the only way we could catch them was bung a few points on early on. Play-offs still on. Six points behind second place, maybe.

It was always possible that we would lose lots of points before the team gels. I would be happy of we win the home games and improving steadily.

No bookings for either side. Unusual?

Timing of the first substitution at 64 minutes was good. Any later and there is not enough time. It is hard to tell from the radio but it sounded like Lualua was doing OK. But maybe the new boy could do better and it did not sound if he did any worse.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Keep you hair on. Some people are suggesting relegation.

I think Forest, Norwich and Fulham are too good and the only way we could catch them was bung a few points on early on. Play-offs still on. Six points behind second place, maybe. .

Yeah we've got no chance of catching Fulham after their fantastic start to the season.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
The only team not to have scored in he Championship so far.....pretty much says I all. Worried.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best chant of the afternoon "We're top of the league , we're top of the league , FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY , we're top of the league. We're allowed to lose a maximum of £8M in 2013/2014 which to all intents and purposes has been met but we wont find out until the end of the year , the problem is for the 2014/2015 season the club has make £2M extra savings as the maximum permitted loss is £6M.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here