Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birmingham city heading for administration

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
apologies if fixtures, heard on the grapevine that birmingham city are close to administration. fire sale of players imminent. anyone heard anything similar? any players worth taking a look at? mind you most of them have been pinched already by sunderland.

carson yeung, what have you done :dunce:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Just shows the danger in being bought out by random foreign businessmen. Thank god for TB!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They need foresight from Pompey and the Nigels on bent chairman... at least they'll know how to squirm their way out of it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
They need foresight from Pompey and the Nigels on bent chairman... at least they'll know how to squirm their way out of it.

I think the situation is lack of control , the whole Dispatchers stuff shows the issue in pure black and white

The Brum fans , The Pompey fans , The P*l*ce fans didn't pick the problems at the top - they just moved in and created merry hell , it's sad for the fans involved but of course we get overlooked in such situation

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't disagree [MENTION=498]Braders[/MENTION], hence my lack of use of the word fans... but I don't care about the Nigels having said that!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Birmingham case is a classic example of the "Fit and Proper" person test being a complete sham. Carson Yeung was always going to be bad news. Well done to Alex McLeish for getting the f*** out of there.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just shows the danger in being bought out by random foreign businessmen. Thank god for TB!

I don't really see what being foreign has anything to do with it - there are plenty of British people who would be completely unfit to run a club. The real question is how much more stringent the ownership tests should be. It's not straight forward though, as the documentatry on Ch4 showed a couple of weeks ago, the "front man" for any group may be completely misleading as to who is really behind the money. International finance is very complicated these days.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rumours started up here a couple of weeks ago when Yeung/Pannu sacked the only independant board member and appointed Yeung's 18-year-old son to speak for him while he is banged up. Naturally the FL have done sweet FA about it. Fit and proper persons? The whole of football is frankly disreputable!

Expect Blues to go into admin and the word here is that there is a buyer in the wings when that happens. Yeung's problem is that he paid massively over the odds to buy the club off Gold and Sullivan and only a small percentage of the money was his with a strong suggestion that he borrowed from some distinctly unsavoury Chinese punters who will not be too happy when it all goes tits up! Fun and games but hopefully that's one team out of the way when it comes to a safe league position for us.

As for players worth signing, McLeish was forced to agree some pretty crazy purchases (the raving alcoholic Hleb was the funniest) and there isn't a lot in the way of pickings once the top league have taken the likes of Danns, Jerome, Ridgewell and Foster etc.
Ferguson would have been good for us but Blackpool have snapped him up. Maybe Keith Fahey (centre mid/winger)?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What about the parachute payments? - how and when are these paid?

money still owed on transfers plus wage and other running costs takes care of that I think. Question whether money going out is all accounted for but that may be part of proceedings in the Hong Kong courts. Meanwhile accounts are frozen and the bankers are unsurprisingly unwilling to subsidise the club further.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, Gold and Sullivan really looked after Birmingham's interest by selling to Yeung. Only in it for the money? You bet! West Ham fans beware.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Was going to happen sooner or later. One guy on our board has kept us up to date on the happens at BCFC so we have seen this all unfolding. A guy goes from a hair dresser to owning a football club 4ish years later.....sounds realistic.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bit surprised that they are so broke given their parachute payments but at the risk of being callous I see it as just one less team to worry about on the field. I wonder how long the supposed cash strapped West Ham can keep spending the way they are as well. The longer the delay in their move to the Olympic Stadium the worse their cash flow will get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here