Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC - vs - Brighton & Hove Albion FC **** Official Match Thread ****

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah I understand that but couldn't it have waited a day or 2. It wouldnt have been so bad if we had treated the match more like a competitive fixture than an opportunity to gaze at boyhood heroes. We certainly needed to have a change of attitude from the good old plucky underdog to a team that were worthy of being on the same pitch as we did have aspirations of premier league football at the time

We scored four goals there. There aren't many teams who do that at Anfield.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
That's fair enough, agree totally. I know enough of Noone, what a thoroughly decent lad and how much he loved it here, to forgive him that poor judgement though. Like others have said, he wasn't the only one, but he and Navs were the only ones to have a partial excuse.

Fair comment perhaps I am being a bit harsh as he isn't Hove born and bred like me

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Birmingham City FC - vs - Brighton & Hove Albion FC **** Official Match Thread ****

:guitar:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Birmingham City FC - vs - Brighton & Hove Albion FC **** Official Match Thread ****

Sounds like we rode our luck at times, against a weak Birmingham team. And an unlikely goal scorer

But I'm glad the win has come, Onwards and upwards. Burnley couple of home games to come. Hopefully get a striker in.

Big question for those in attendance, is our LB position now solved?

In my opinion :

We were fantastic in the first half. Both Irish lads ran the show, so yes LB is now sorted.

Really under the cosh in the 2nd half, but we scored and Agustien should have made it 2. Hard to see from were I was if their chances were good ones, other than the 2? which hit the woodwork.

So very impressed with Andrews and Ward, we definately deserved at least a point, although I'm sure Birmingham will feel the result was harsh.

Oscar was ecstatic at the end.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Maybe Buckley puts it in on the training ground?

Fair enough, but if he can't replicate it on the pitch he's not going to help us win any points. He's a good player, but I have been doubting his abilities as a winger for a while, he never tries to beat the full-back (like Lualua does every single time). The fact that he was kept quiet by Andre Santos last season said it all for me, he struggles and goes absent against any decent full back. Stick him in the centre or stop playing him IMO.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Fair enough, but if he can't replicate it on the pitch he's not going to help us win any points. He's a good player, but I have been doubting his abilities as a winger for a while, he never tries to beat the full-back (like Lualua does every single time). The fact that he was kept quiet by Andre Santos last season said it all for me, he struggles and goes absent against any decent full back. Stick him in the centre or stop playing him IMO.

In all honesty 2 managers who know what it takes to be champions have started Buckley ahead of Lua Lua so I'll take their word for it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Buckley is a COMFORTABLY better player at Championship level than Kaz.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I recall last season those on here were comparing Buckley favourably to Zaha. Wingers tend to play on confidence and Will is a bit short on that at the moment. I believe that will come back. The team won away today. It is time to be happy and not be picky.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yeah I understand that but couldn't it have waited a day or 2. It wouldnt have been so bad if we had treated the match more like a competitive fixture than an opportunity to gaze at boyhood heroes. We certainly needed to have a change of attitude from the good old plucky underdog to a team that were worthy of being on the same pitch as we did have aspirations of premier league football at the time

So the reason we were roundly stuffed on the day (by a team filled with top internationals) was down to our team not being aspirational; thinking they were underdogs on the day; & not treating it as a competitive fixture?!

Right 'o. :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
'twas a guess. Only caught the end of what Warren was saying. Someone lagging behind the rest in the warm-up, got pulled out and "talked to"

In the half time interval the subs were doing the warm up but KLL was missing for 5 minutes. I thought he was about to come on as a sub when the 2nd half started until he sauntered out of the tunnel to join the rest of the subs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Beautiful strike by Croftsy for the goal , made it look like a "Will Buckley special"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here