Birds, Balls and Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
lets hope the 2nd half is better...see why they put it on more 4 rather than channel 4....remember the peterborough documentary which
was a real insight...this is that bad that im just seeing who i can recognise in the crowd shots

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Who was farting whilst doing squats, that was funny :)

Also where's this 50 million come from, did the director not decide to look up the stadium?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
It's quite fun so far isn't it. I hope some clever bod is recording it? Would be a treat to get hold of... #Arrr m'hearties

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It was definitely originally going to be a series. The producer spoke to me in the pub before the Spurs friendly about featuring in it, and he was talking about coming along with me and my mates to every away game for the whole season. He rang a few times as well but I decided it wasn't really for me - given the job I do being on TV drunk and swearing every week isn't ideal. He seemed to suggest it was going to be about several different fans - not really the club itself.

I guess something changed. Shame as this is bollocks really - they are bigging up a nothing game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Does anyone else get the impression the production company are kicking themselves for not picking Southampton.

To be honest, I do find it a bit weird that if the brief was to follow a clubs attempt to get to The Premiership, they chose Brighton in our first season back in The Championship.

:shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
'Get it over.'

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very bright for an evening game.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The continuity is TERRIBLE. Every shot of Grant during the game has a different time on the clock. Some of those reaction shots during the first half were from the end of the second half...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Clips of the fans and players all from the Pompey game. Terrible terrible editing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have the programme makers not heard of the word 'promotion'? They seem to be finding lots of long-winded alternatives to that word.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
...Even worse, I'm pretty sure some of the shots of Grant are from the PORTSMOUTH game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports