Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birds, Balls and Brighton

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I thought THE film was OK but it WAS a piss POOR excuse FOR a FULL English and they WOULD have BEEN better off FLIMING me in the CLIFTONVILLE demolishing a LARGE Full English with an extra SAUSAGE, would have BEEN more ENTERTAINING than seeing El ADB walking his DOG

Ernest--I thought it was not as bad as everyone made out-----still pretty dodgy in parts! By the way I'm thinking of having a full English sometime soon. Will you be the one in my winter coat or have you given it to your sauce?? :glare:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not on 4oD yet, anyone know how I can watch it online?

I wish they'd send me the footage, I could make something decent out of it hopefully!

Not available on 4oD, but it is repeated at 2.05am Thurs night/Fri morn on C4.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can't find it in this weeks TV mag is it not on?????

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I thought THE film was OK but it WAS a piss POOR excuse FOR a FULL English and they WOULD have BEEN better off FLIMING me in the CLIFTONVILLE demolishing a LARGE Full English with an extra SAUSAGE, would have BEEN more ENTERTAINING than seeing El ADB walking his DOG

Having viewed the documentary myself, it was an absolute shambles for many reasons as others have pointed out on this thread.

But the very worst thing for me was the fried egg.

I do not think I have ever seen a fried egg as badly cooked as that. It looked totally inedible.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Having viewed the documentary myself, it was an absolute shambles for many reasons as others have pointed out on this thread.

But the very worst thing for me was the fried egg.

I do not think I have ever seen a fried egg as badly cooked as that. It looked totally inedible.

I think IT would HAVE MADE a better FLIM if it HAD shown SOME guy losing his ALBION winter coat in the EAST stand brassiere and HIS hunt for it

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I think IT would HAVE MADE a better FLIM if it HAD shown SOME guy losing his ALBION winter coat in the EAST stand brassiere and HIS hunt for it

I hope your FRIED breakfast down the CLIFTONVILLE with your SAUCE does not look anything LIKE the one in the DOCUMENTARY. Do you think NOONE will start against BRIMINGHAM in place of Craig Mackerel Smith?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I hope your FRIED breakfast down the CLIFTONVILLE with your SAUCE does not look anything LIKE the one in the DOCUMENTARY. Do you think NOONE will start against BRIMINGHAM in place of Craig Mackerel Smith?

Hey simmo, do you think Ernest is getting us confused? :drink::wink:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I just watched this on the planner. I gotta say I don't think its that bad. It's done in a sort of fat fighters docu where things are cut and changed about but the program isn't for purists. It's for most people 'what aren't Brighton fans guv'. My misses hates football but watches all that towie, come dine with me and the E channel. Utter shite, However, she thought it was good.
It is cery much in the style of come dine with me but its not as bad as the slating its got on here. Then again, it could be better.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
On the subject of fried eggs - I've got a little technique that I will share with you. It's the "pressure cooker" method.

I like to cook my fried eggs very quickly. This ensures a soft but cooked yolk and a lovely white that doesn't have the texture of rubber.

To achieve this make sure you use a frying pan that an existing saucepan lid fits tight. I've got a small "Spanish omelette" pan that is perfect.

I only use a little oil but really whack up the heat and put the lid on immediately. The steam produced "seals" the top of the egg but it remains soft in side. I consider them cooked when the top of sealed yoke starts to bubble. If you like them cooked a little more leave for longer, no need to turn the egg over which breaks the yolk.

Much better with a glass lid so you can monitor the progress. It really makes the perfect fried egg that isn't dripping in fat.

Her indoors doesn't like cooking but I've trained her with the method. It's fool proof.

Looks like a poached egg, tastes like a fried egg.

Try it.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Interesting programme i guess,thought el-abd would have a better house than that,fack me it's like a council house,he must earn 20k a month surely?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Interesting programme i guess,thought el-abd would have a better house than that,fack me it's like a council house,he must earn 20k a month surely?

Doubt it, he signed a contract when we were in L1, so doubt if he is on more than £2k a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here