Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Binmen going on another 3 day strike

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let’s fact check your above post before you get ahead of yourself old son.

“Estate Agent Whines”

I’m not an Estate Agent [emoji1745]

“the implication is clearly that he resents "our wonderful binmen" asking for more money. “

I’m whining about them going on strike because my city is already a shit hole with rubbish strewn everywhere, I live here you don’t I’m entitled to “whine”

“Would he work for £19k doing that sort of job? Er, no.”

Er yes I would and have.

I don’t mind you sniping and bitching at me but at least get your facts straight [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The revision I'd make to what you're saying, is that I'd reserve judgment as to who is actually to blame. Yes the men will be striking, but perhaps BHCC or Veolia are bullying managers?

None of us know either way.

I hate the filthy streets as much as you. I spend some of my time collecting litter and recyclable stuff, either blown about during these strikes or thrown from cars by scum.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let’s fact check your above post before you get ahead of yourself old son.

“Estate Agent Whines”

I’m not an Estate Agent [emoji1745]
You were though, so you've spent your time doing desk jobs. The fact that you're not an estate agent at this moment in time hardly negates my point, does it?

“the implication is clearly that he resents "our wonderful binmen" asking for more money. “

I’m whining about them going on strike because my city is already a shit hole with rubbish strewn everywhere, I live here you don’t I’m entitled to “whine”
Yes, but perhaps not at the bin men themselves until you yourself bother to "get your facts straight"

“Would he work for £19k doing that sort of job? Er, no.”

Er yes I would and have.

I don’t mind you sniping and bitching at me but at least get your facts straight [emoji2357]
Bollocks. You've never been a bin man and you've been on NSC for decades. What a load of shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was all the rage under New Labour. Pretty sure they ran the council back then too.

It's probably their fault then - I'd blame their incompetence awarding a huge bulletproof contract to a crap firm over the bin men in a strike I know nothing about because the bin men seem to strike far more often in Brighton than anywhere else.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The revision I'd make to what you're saying, is that I'd reserve judgment as to who is actually to blame. Yes the men will be striking, but perhaps BHCC or Veolia are bullying managers?

None of us know either way.

I hate the filthy streets as much as you. I spend some of my time collecting litter and recyclable stuff, either blown about during these strikes or thrown from cars by scum.

To be fair at no time have I mentioned “whose to blame”, and let’s be brutally honest, we’ve all heard the stories of Hollingdean depot, managing upwards is the style of the shop floor down there and unfortunately for 40 years now the council/private company have never been able to stop the dog being wagged by the tale, still there will always be sympathy from those who don’t even live in the City [emoji6]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You were though, so you've spent your time doing desk jobs. The fact that you're not an estate agent at this moment in time hardly negates my point, does it?

Yes, but perhaps not at the bin men themselves until you yourself bother to "get your facts straight"

Bollocks. You've never been a bin man and you've been on NSC for decades. What a load of shit.

So being a bin man is the only job that you think I might not have done for a pittance is the only shit job then righto [emoji106]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So being a bin man is the only job that you think I might not have done for a pittance is the only shit job then righto [emoji106]
Oh sorry, I'm sure you've spent half your working life earning about 19 grand in a job the average estate agent wouldn't get out of bed for. Righto. :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh sorry, I'm sure you've spent half your working life earning about 19 grand in a job the average estate agent wouldn't get out of bed for. Righto. :thumbsup:

My first job was a Sunblest putting lids on bread tins in extremely uncomfortable conditions

Royal Navy £28 a day working in extremely uncomfortable conditions in the majority of cases 7 days a week.

Warehouse work for £8 per hour moving large pallets of produce

Do I need to go on in fact having thought about I recon of my 35 years of working the majority wasn’t in an office, anyway I don’t have the appetite to continue this with you have a great rest of the day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My first job was a Sunblest putting lids on bread tins in extremely uncomfortable conditions

Royal Navy £28 a day working in extremely uncomfortable conditions in the majority of cases 7 days a week.

Warehouse work for £8 per hour moving large pallets of produce

Do I need to go on in fact having thought about I recon of my 35 years of working the majority wasn’t in an office, anyway I don’t have the appetite to continue this with you have a great rest of the day.

We can all name jobs we've done that we didn't like especially if you're going as far back as your teenage years. If you spent more than 5 years in total doing those jobs, I'd be extremely surprised. I mean your Royal Navy job must have been 30 years ago FFS, because with minimum wage now you'd have earned that in 3 hours!

So to clarify, how many years have you spent doing such uncomfortable jobs whilst supporting a family?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The binmen strike hasn't started has it ?

Still waiting on collection of rubbish from 2 days ago :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here