Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So on one thread you say we need a striker, then on this thread you want us to get rid of a striker who we know scores goals for us, and bring in someone who MIGHT score goals for us but cost a lot more in wages. Interesting.

I'm a self confessed Barnes-lover (or more accurately someone who actually understands why you need players like him in a team, it really isn't that difficult to work out) but I don't think anyone can really claim he is a better player than Billy Sharp. Can they?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm a self confessed Barnes-lover (or more accurately someone who actually understands why you need players like him in a team, it really isn't that difficult to work out) but I don't think anyone can really claim he is a better player than Billy Sharp. Can they?

No. But Billy's strike rate at Forest was the same as Barnes last season, so I did not really see the logic of swapping someone we know who scores goals for us with someone who might, but would cost us a lot more in wages. And we would end up with nothing at the end of the season.

We could take him on loan and keep Ashley of course - don't forget that Kev does not like Mr Barnes at all and is probably livid that Oscar has already said publicly what a good player Barnes is.

albionite

May 20, 2009
No. But Billy's strike rate at Forest was the same as Barnes last season, so I did not really see the logic of swapping someone we know who scores goals for us with someone who might, but would cost us a lot more in wages. And we would end up with nothing at the end of the season.

We could take him on loan and keep Ashley of course - don't forget that Kev does not like Mr Barnes at all and is probably livid that Oscar has already said publicly what a good player Barnes is.

Would be nice to know how many chances he had and how many easy ones he missed. Not sure you can compare the two just by stats.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

To be fair, you don't hear many managers say any different about their players. Unless your Di Canio and he won't last until Xmas. Managers who publicly slag there own players don't seem to fair that well. I wouldn't expect Oscar to say any different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here