Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Every time I've seen him for Swindon I have always thought he's a cracking player. Yeah he may not have had a decent time at Leeds but I think he'll do decent here.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I seem to remember him being a pain the arse when we played Swindon so let's see what Gus can get out of him in the next couple of months. Should at least give as an out when we are under pressure

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If he's a bit physical, that should add to more of a hardman frontline. CMS charging all clearances down and picking up the loose ends of Paynter's flick-ons and mishits and rebounds. I like the sound of it. Bring it on. It doesn't mean we won't still be pretty though. Flair and power combined kick ass.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
leeds dont rate him,but i trust gus,he is bringing in the right players having seen some of our players are clearly not good enough.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Lol you guys think Barnes is shit, you have a shock horror to come if this guy starts every week, his f***ing woeful. Simple as

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good signing mainly because he is totally different to what we have up front AND because this is a player Gus knows well and he'll know how to get him playing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hmmm hope he brings his Swindon form and not his Leeds form

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well he's a different sort of player to what we have already so provides us with a Plan B so to speak, and if Gus has been pursuing him for a while then there must be something there for him to get excited about. I'm slightly underwhelmed if I'm honest but I trust Gus's judgment and look forward to seeing what Billy can do for us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lol you guys think Barnes is shit, you have a shock horror to come if this guy starts every week, his f***ing woeful. Simple as

Gosh I really do wish YOU were the manager, you font of all f***ing knowledge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look if Gus and Tanno can coach El Abd to be the new Baresi then Im sure they can coach Paynter to be the new Van Basten.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

You point fails because Barnes isn't shit. Twat.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

He has had a bad time at Leeds for one reason or another, doesn't mean that will be replicated here.

We would have bitten Swindon's arm off if we were offered him during his spell there, but now after one bad season at Leeds he's not good enough for us.

Gus knows the lad well and will hopefully get him back to his Swindon days. It just doesn't work for players at certain clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here