Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Cheers OP. Interesting. Gilmour is one of those players I’d love to succeed with us. A top Scottish midfield player seems right somehow. Bit like an Argentinian No 10. He’s looked at home the last few games. And I liked that he’s never apparently sulked when not getting a chance and the manager who he signed for buggers off the next day. I’m sure he’s learning with Adam Lallana around. And enjoying playing with better players than at Norwich. Be a hero, Billy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Happy Day Smile GIF by BabyTV
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere already, one of my favourite things to watch out for is when WBG wants the ball (which seems to be all of the time) and he does a fairly OTT two armed wave.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was very pleased when he signed for us and disappointed that he didn't seem to be making the grade. He has been very good in recent games but what we need to see is whether he can do it week on week in a team that MIGHT be missing one or two stars. Personally think he has it to do that , his forward passing is quick and incisive which will benefit Enciso, Undav and Mitoma. Its only a few games but we have looked quicker going forward when he plays. Possibly his main weakness is his scoring record......

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Happy Day Smile GIF by BabyTV
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere already, one of my favourite things to watch out for is when WBG wants the ball (which seems to be all of the time) and he does a fairly OTT two armed wave.
Almost as good as Veltman's over-enthusiastic goal celebrations!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Another very good performance from Billy. Looked very comfortable on the ball against arguably the best club side in the world.

Another really positive development this season
I thought he was great last night and disappointed he went off though obviously not a bad replacement came on!

Gilmour has been a huge plus the past few weeks, looks quality.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought he was great last night and disappointed he went off though obviously not a bad replacement came on!

Gilmour has been a huge plus the past few weeks, looks quality.
I think to us fans he is doing well, but I get the impression that he's not quite doing what RDZ wants yet, hence he's getting taken off when we're probably all thinking he's doing okay. Last night there were just one or two situations Billy missplaced a pass where I could RDZ getting very frustrated not necessarily with the missplacing, but it being the wrong decision. Just my interpretation, I think he's playing well, but tactically I don't think he is yet where RDZ wants him to be.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not for me. Think Alzate will surprise a few next season especially under RDZ.
I think that is the exciting beauty of RDZ effect. We've not seen either Alzate or Moder play under Roberto to see if he can work his magic to help them kick on.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm a bit surprised he keeps getting taken off. Looks absolute quality to me
RDZ mentioned him in a previous press conference as one of the players who couldn't play 90 minutes, twice a week. He didn't indicate whether this was because of fatigue, or a knock, but he does seem to have been managing his minutes. However, he seems to have been doing the same with Buonanotte and Enciso and left Colwill out completely against Newcastle, so it may just be game management of youngsters during a heavy schedule. Caicedo seems to be the exception, but that's probably because of the right back crisis.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Given the news about this stalker, his stop start season, and probably quite a lot of gym work, you can see why Billy is tired. I'm excited about him though. He's got such a lovely touch, silky passer and he's actually got himself in some good goal scoring positions. Reckon he'll be a huge asset next season.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think to us fans he is doing well, but I get the impression that he's not quite doing what RDZ wants yet, hence he's getting taken off when we're probably all thinking he's doing okay. Last night there were just one or two situations Billy missplaced a pass where I could RDZ getting very frustrated not necessarily with the missplacing, but it being the wrong decision. Just my interpretation, I think he's playing well, but tactically I don't think he is yet where RDZ wants him to be.
I think you might have a point with this. He does seem to be taken off quite early and I was really surprised he didn’t play on Sunday.

Wonder what the future is for Billy. With Mac Allister and Caicedo going he’s got a massive opportunity to be the main man in central midfield for a European side now. Hope he takes the chance as I really like what I’ve seen so far.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think you might have a point with this. He does seem to be taken off quite early and I was really surprised he didn’t play on Sunday.

Wonder what the future is for Billy. With Mac Allister and Caicedo going he’s got a massive opportunity to be the main man in central midfield for a European side now. Hope he takes the chance as I really like what I’ve seen so far.

I think it’s fitness more than anything. There was an interview with him in one of the Brighton newspapers and he said he was knackered in the Man U match, which is why he came off. He’s not played all season so he won’t have the fitness of the other regular players.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Big season coming up for him, I reckon. RDZ doesn't seem the type of guy to suffer fools, so to put as much confidence in Gilmour as he did for the last bit of the season, he must rate him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I agree, I don't think he's tactically quite there yet. I thought against Newcastle, he struggled to get in the right position which made it hard for the defence to play out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here