Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well looking through Billy Gilmours eyes……
I’d want to stay and become a regular here.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Brian the who, where, what has he got to do with anything...
I like the why he implies Billy is skilful and that can only truly be apricated in every other European country but here....

Poop to you Brian, maybe we have a plethora of skilled players in the same position, which he and we were aware of when he signed, he should stay here, fight for his place, fair enough if after a year he thinks he needs to move on, but it has only been six months.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Tuchel didn't want to sell him though and he was overruled by the hierarchy at Chelsea. Considering he's 21, I think it's madness to simply write-off a multi-million pound player off the back of the fact that he can't get a game ahead of Caicedo and Mac Allister. That's the Caicedo who was sent out on loan to a crap Belgian team last season and Mac Allister who spent his 1st 18 months on loan having signed for us at just 20 years old.

Sanchez didn't get in the 1st team until he was 23 because Ryan was in the way, Lamptey doesn't get in ahead of March, Sarmiento is blocked by Trossard, van Hecke is blocked by Dunk, Webster and Colwill and Enciso is blocked by Gross/Tross etc. Should we bin all of them off too?
Mac Allister wasn't on loan because of talent though, he was on loan because he couldn't get a work permit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know it's de rigeur for some to downplay Potters successes here, but I do wonder if in facr Potter was a big factor in young Gilmour agreeing to sign for us - in which case he might have been well pissed off to find Potter gone sraight after he'd signed to play for him.
Can't see him going out on loan though, unless de Zerbi has someone lined up to come in in January to press Caicedo and Mac.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know it's de rigeur for some to downplay Potters successes here, but I do wonder if in facr Potter was a big factor in young Gilmour agreeing to sign for us - in which case he might have been well pissed off to find Potter gone sraight after he'd signed to play for him.
Can't see him going out on loan though, unless de Zerbi has someone lined up to come in in January to press Caicedo and Mac.
Who?

There were some who suggested that we would never get anywhere with Potter at the helm, but I don't recall them sneering at past wins, or indeed posting for over a year.

No need for the bit I've deleted, even though it is common knowledge that you can ruin a decent point with ill-considered digs.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Brian the who, where, what has he got to do with anything...
I like the why he implies Billy is skilful and that can only truly be apricated in every other European country but here....

Poop to you Brian, maybe we have a plethora of skilled players in the same position, which he and we were aware of when he signed, he should stay here, fight for his place, fair enough if after a year he thinks he needs to move on, but it has only been six months.
Ex Rangers. You can roundly file most of the stuff said by them in the bin. They write it for the likes of the Scottish Sun and Daily Record, who do nothing but publish made up Rangers news. Probably Rangers have some fractional sell-on clause for him, they certainly need the money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who?

There were some who suggested that we would never get anywhere with Potter at the helm, but I don't recall them sneering at past wins, or indeed posting for over a year.

No need for the bit I've deleted, even though it is common knowledge that you can ruin a decent point with ill-considered digs.
Come off it! There's been plenty on re-writing of history (something of a 21st. century disease, I fear) - hero to zero and all that. Potter's time at Brighton is not nearly as good as it was 6 months ago - haven't you noticed? Lots of digs...........

Reactions: SAC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come off it! There's been plenty on re-writing of history (something of a 21st. century disease, I fear) - hero to zero and all that. Potter's time at Brighton is not nearly as good as it was 6 months ago - haven't you noticed? Lots of digs...........
Not really. My take is that, the centre of NSC gravity is, he did a good job, left us better than he found us, and has taken on a lucrative but potentially poisoned chalice, and we move on. :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who?

You talk of 'ill-considered digs' - and yet you started your post with 'Who?' 🤣🤣 Classic!

Edit: unless I've misinterpreted your post and were questioning who might be coming in? :facepalm:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pretty sure if RDZ doesn't rate him then maybe he'll move on. Given he's played about 15 mins we will probably survive.

Personally I'd rather he fought for a place in the starting line up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You talk of 'ill-considered digs' - and yet you started your post with 'Who?' 🤣🤣 Classic!

Edit: unless I've misinterpreted your post and were questioning who might be coming in? :facepalm:
I'm not sure how 'who?' could ever be classed as an ill-considered dig.

Unless you're Roger Delgado

(@Papa Lazarou will appreciate that joke which, arguably, works on two separate levels :wink:)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not sure how 'who?' could ever be classed as an ill-considered dig.

Unless you're Roger Delgado

(@Papa Lazarou will appreciate that joke which, arguably, works on two separate levels :wink:)
I initially thought it was a "Whoooooo?" kind of response akin to a "Coming on for Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo"-type substitution.

As in GPott is so irrelevant, he's been forgotten about.

But obviously not, so my apologies, HWT. As you were :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Potter can have him back for, say, £40m ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here