Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
^ Lies, lies, damned lies...and some statistics in there too!

Annoyingly that time of year has started where lots of our players are talked about as targets for Summer moves. Hopefully it's all just clickbait. Alongside Gilmour, yesterday there was Ferguson to Arsenal (according to the Mirror), Verbruggen to Bayern last week and today Enciso's agent touting him for a move 😡

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If it wasn’t so bloody far to Newcastle, I’d drive him there myself.
Which reminds me. Do you remember in the late 70s/80s, they used to give directions for driving to away grounds In the match day programme - obviously for games coming up. Even as a kid I used to think, when it was a game in the North, is it really necessary to give directions to London. This was before the M25 was built, so they always sent you through Marble Arch or somewhere….

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
They’d have to pay a lot. He has two years remaining on his contract and I expect we have an additional year option after that. They won’t be able to afford him with their PSR constraints.
They would if they are needing to sell Bruno Guimares this summer for PSR reasons. If they cash in on Guimares at £60m or £70m and then buy Gilmour and spread his fee over five years that's going to be very healthy for their PSR.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
They would if they are needing to sell Bruno Guimares this summer for PSR reasons. If they cash in on Guimares at £60m or £70m and then buy Gilmour and spread his fee over five years that's going to be very healthy for their PSR.
Could offload Trippier too -- Bayern aggressively pursued him in January.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I don’t like this news. I hope there isn’t anything concrete in it. I know he’s not endeared to all but I think he has been excellent and would be sorry to see him go. I think he is quite capable of doing an excellent job for us especially with a bit more beef behind him in a strong CDM.
And, after this year, I hope we aren’t looking to move any of our regulars on (Unless the chequebook is opened). We need to be able to say ’no” a bit more without compromising our pathway and feeder to big 6 status.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
All these rumours, who knows where they came from and are probably bollocks most of the time, but this one at least sounds like it would plausibly make sense for all parties ....... except maybe us

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don’t like this news. I hope there isn’t anything concrete in it. I know he’s not endeared to all but I think he has been excellent and would be sorry to see him go. I think he is quite capable of doing an excellent job for us especially with a bit more beef behind him in a strong CDM.
And, after this year, I hope we aren’t looking to move any of our regulars on (Unless the chequebook is opened). We need to be able to say ’no” a bit more without compromising our pathway and feeder to big 6 status.
It’s not in our ethos to say no

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Signed up now - didn't know it was there! Sorry.....
I've not really publicised it.

It's something I've wanted to do for years, but I was stuck in analysis paralysis / letting the idea of perfect get in the way of just doing something.

I've had a shocking week and spent most of it in Worthing Hospital sitting next to my mum's bed. When she was comatosed/sleeping/having medical things done I pulled out my laptop and finally made it happen.

I'm still very much figuring out what shape it will take, so expect experiments/stuff to change.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That would be a huge footballing comedown for NUFC.

Just 3 assists in 2 seasons, versus 24 goals and assists in 2 seasons plus pace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it wasn’t so bloody far to Newcastle, I’d drive him there myself.
Which reminds me. Do you remember in the late 70s/80s, they used to give directions for driving to away grounds In the match day programme - obviously for games coming up. Even as a kid I used to think, when it was a game in the North, is it really necessary to give directions to London. This was before the M25 was built, so they always sent you through Marble Arch or somewhere….

In my teens/20’s in the 80’s driving to the north I either took a centre route literally through Piccadilly Circus, or the more common one over Kew Bridge. Pre M25.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
In my teens/20’s in the 80’s driving to the north I either took a centre route literally through Piccadilly Circus, or the more common one over Kew Bridge. Pre M25.
Those were the days! I lived in Ilford, then further out in Essex during the late 70s, early 80s and frequently drove through the centre of London when going West.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I've not really publicised it.

It's something I've wanted to do for years, but I was stuck in analysis paralysis / letting the idea of perfect get in the way of just doing something.

I've had a shocking week and spent most of it in Worthing Hospital sitting next to my mum's bed. When she was comatosed/sleeping/having medical things done I pulled out my laptop and finally made it happen.

I'm still very much figuring out what shape it will take, so expect experiments/stuff to change.
We all enjoy a rumour to get the pulse racing.
Seriously though, best wishes to your mum and you during a difficult time 🤞

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here