Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bill Kenwright RIP

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wonder how this will go down with the Everton faithful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'll say RIP first, and I mean no disrespect, but given some of them were sending him death threats I can't imagine they're shedding many tears
For those maybe they got what they wished for - but to be honest they will, like most football fans, end up regretting his passing as he was a stalwart fan and had the club at heart. People like him are in short supply in the PL these days. RIP Bill, the only bad thing you did was Coronation Street.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Proper football fan and an all round good egg in the showbiz world, unfortunately he got in too deep with the wrong people at Goodison, ie the alleged billionaire foreign owner who turned out to be all smoke and mirrors, I hope the majority of Everton fans realise the positives far outweigh the negatives, but I won’t hold my breath.

RIP ❤️

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Got to feel sad for him and his family that he passed away during a long bad run for the club and not seeing the finished new stadium. Maybe he made some bad decisions while helping run the club etc but was obviously a proper fan. RIP.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Huge respect as he was one of the few sticking up for us in the dark days, i remember one programme I think hosted by Richard Littledick he was on with Barry Hearn who was screaming for us to be docked points, Kenwright stuck up for Brighton, and seemed quite knowledgeable about the state of our club and deplored Archer, and saw through Barry Hearns points deduction aim, as they were not far off the relegation scrap as we were clawing back.
so for that R.I.P

Reactions: cjd

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The posters that dominate grandoldteam really despised him, wishing him personal ill by the 10,000, they’re all still online. I wonder if they’ll now delete the thread? In fairness, the way we hated Archer. But BK always had good intentions. When he owned the club he wasn’t wealthy by PL standards, then he became the fans punchbag of the chaotic Moshiri era …. because the rabble just couldn’t hate rich Moshiri as much.

A sad ending for a true supporter. RIP.

Reactions: cjd

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't really know much about his tenure at Everton, but as a theatre fan, I've seen a few shows he produced. I believe he also bought the other palace from Andrew Lloyd Weber, which is a nice modern, smallish theatre not far from Victoria station. Been to a few shows there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here