Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike Advice Needed!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Due to the fact that the missus has upped sticks to Brazil for a few weeks holiday with the kids I found myself brave enough to start hunting through the local rags for a second hand bike.
I quite fancy something from my childhood, such as an XT500, DR400, XL500 etc but to be honest not sure what would suit me best. The bike is for local trips, no green laming , polishing, cleaning, posing, and generally waking up the posh neighbors every now and then.
I have been offered a KTM supercomp, 2001 but have never heard of it!
Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
KTM's are good bikes. Their stock components are much better quality than their Jap counterparts. Can't go too wrong with a KTM imo.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
KTM's are good bikes. Their stock components are much better quality than their Jap counterparts. Can't go too wrong with a KTM imo.

I work in the motorcycle industry, KTM is otherwise known as 'keep three mechanics', make of that what you will.

Suzuki DRZ400 is a fantastic bike, but as with all off road style bikes, buy the very best you can afford as most have been abused.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I work in the motorcycle industry, KTM is otherwise known as 'keep three mechanics', make of that what you will.

Suzuki DRZ400 is a fantastic bike, but as with all off road style bikes, buy the very best you can afford as most have been abused.

Thanks, especially about the KTM advice. I have about £2k in all, but am looking for a 500cc thumper from the 80/90's that hasn't been raced. I did wonder about the KTM as it had 7 owners in 9 years!
Might try and get myself a XT or KLR. Thanks again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here