Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest win of the season for multiple reasons.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That was undoubtedly the biggest win of the season in terms of importance.

1. To be so depleted and yet still grind out a win at the death is absolutely huge
2. The three points adding to the win at Wolves has really moved us up the table. Even a point v Everton wouldn’t be a disaster now which means we don’t go into the last few games HAVING to win versus the top three.
3. By being awarded a last second penalty, that none of the players really appealed for, it hopefully allows any lingering frustration of Spurs to be washed away. It was a definite pen but still feels like an absolute bonus decision.
4. Hopefully a couple of players are getting back to fitness, Gross and Ferguson hopefully available for Monday
5. The young guys were excellent and that was a fiery game so will be more ready for future fixtures. Gilmour was immense.
6. The Amex was rocking at the end, hopefully that creates the platform for an amazing atmosphere for the last three home games. Three home wins virtually guarantees us Europe.

A huge amazing win I didn’t expect when I saw the team. Well done all!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Undav was definitely appealing for the penalty, so was Webster.
Just watched it back it was half hearted at best. No one is as running up to ref to question it. It’s the best type of VAR decision, in that it felt like a total bonus.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Undav was definitely appealing for the penalty, so was Webster.

Yep, Undav was the first to shout and touch his arm.

It was half-hearted becuase the ball was in play, and great chances to score were unfolding.. as soon as the ball went dead, the ref signalled that he was checking..

What was interesting watching the replay was when the ball broke to Mitoma from the corner that all the Man Utd defenders moved to close him down... apart from Luke Shaw, who was stood there looking decidedly guilty! :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Definitely up there with anything else.

How do all feel about this or the Chelsea 4-1?

A personal thing, I loath Manure and Chavski, so it makes it these all the more special. At Wembley Park pre-SF we stood next to two 30 year old Manure wimps going on about Brighton rent boy fans. Post match friends of mine found them ungracious tossers. Making this all the more funny.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

A personal thing, I loath Manure and Chavski, so it makes it these all the more special. At Wembley Park pre-SF we stood next to two 30 year old Manure wimps going on about Brighton rent boy fans. Post match friends of mine found them ungracious tossers. Making this all the more funny.
The Chelsea match still hits the absolute heights for me, complete humiliation of the mercenaries who sought to derail our season. Last night was important for multiple reasons, as per thread title. But Chelsea felt sweeter by far

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Chelsea match still hits the absolute heights for me, complete humiliation of the mercenaries who sought to derail our season. Last night was important for multiple reasons, as per thread title. But Chelsea felt sweeter by far

We would’ve particularly loved the Benny With A Makeover hurt :lolol:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

This tops Chelsea for me. The Chelsea game was amazing but was very early in the season, this was a huge win at a crucial time of the season and coming off the back of the semi final makes it even sweeter.

Also feels like it eases some of the pain of the Spurs VAR and even the last second penalty defeat to MU a few years ago.

A last kick of the ball winner, nothing tops that.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I still think we must beat Everton. I know they will be up for it but when you look at the table, simply, we have to take those 3 points.

A realistic best case scenario is W,L,D,W,L,D or, cut it anyway you like, another 8 points. That puts us on 63. We just have to hope that will be enough. Another 5 points on top of that would have been nice but at least we've got a couple of apologies to tell the grandkids about.

We must beat Everton and Soton, we must avoid defeat to Villa.

Come on Albion.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex

Chelsea was pure pantomime and an incredible experience/atmosphere because of it .. but last night was different.. Chelsea's subsequent form has shown them to become a very average/poor side; Man Utd are sitting 4th in the table.. comfortably, with only a few games left.. we have beaten them in dramatic fashion, on telly, in a thrilling game that we ultimately ended up dominating.... from a footballing experience it was better than Chelsea (home) for me.. albeit Chelsea away was close!!

That was undoubtedly the biggest win of the season in terms of importance.

1. To be so depleted and yet still grind out a win at the death is absolutely huge
2. The three points adding to the win at Wolves has really moved us up the table. Even a point v Everton wouldn’t be a disaster now which means we don’t go into the last few games HAVING to win versus the top three.
3. By being awarded a last second penalty, that none of the players really appealed for, it hopefully allows any lingering frustration of Spurs to be washed away. It was a definite pen but still feels like an absolute bonus decision.
4. Hopefully a couple of players are getting back to fitness, Gross and Ferguson hopefully available for Monday
5. The young guys were excellent and that was a fiery game so will be more ready for future fixtures. Gilmour was immense.
6. The Amex was rocking at the end, hopefully that creates the platform for an amazing atmosphere for the last three home games. Three home wins virtually guarantees us Europe.

A huge amazing win I didn’t expect when I saw the team. Well done all!
Agree wholeheartedly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here