Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest rip-offs in Britain..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do you pay a line rental charge for a mobile? - no, you can have PAYG or Contracts,

PAYG have minimum top up and contracts are fixed fees... just like line rental. why dont people see this is the same? eitherway, you are paying to maintain and upgrade a massive infrastructure, not simply a cable from you to an exchange (or connection to mast).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why do people have to go on a treasure hunt to get a fair deal? If I am out for the day I wont be carrying a clutch of vouchers for every franchised take away outlet and i'm not spunking £20 for an open toasted sandwich where the basic ingredients cost less than a pound.

Spot on. Dominos is awful pizza anyway, pizza express much better if you have to go to a chain. 18 quid for one pizza, if people are spending that they deserve to be broke. Not as disgusting as Pizza Hut though.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Has anyone mentioned coffee yet
I find it amazing that people can pay three and a half quid for something that costs pennies at home ! (and yes i'm guilty of it too)

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The Albion are as guilty as anyone when it comes to rip-off booking fees. It still grates with me that I can be standing in front of the ticket office staff at the counter, no postage or processing required other than scanning my ST card number and physically placing in my hand a ticket for an away game (or a home cup game), and then being charged a quid per ticket for the privilege.

I know it's only a quid, and in the grand scheme of things (thirty quid a ticket or whatever) it's insignificant, but it's the principle that pisses me off.

The same applies if you buy a ticket for a gig and choose to print the ticket at home and THEY charge YOU for the privilege of using YOUR computer ink !

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Anything and everything in the Catholic Kitson shops - but will my daughters listen to me?

Doh! Damn you auto typing thingy!!!!

"Cath Kitson"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think his daughters must be getting them from market stalls, I got some lovely Christine Dior perfume and a smashing pair of Adodas trainers from the same place.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here