Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest games in Albion's history?

What is the game for you in Albion's history?

• Hereford or die..

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • Wembley 83'

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • PL showdown 7/5/16

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Probably Hereford, but Watford in 1958 and Newcastle 1979 were quite big as well, and IMO both bigger than the 83 Cup Final.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This doesn't come close to Hereford. Win or lose our next two games, we'll still have a club to support whether it's in the premier or the championship,Hereford we were literally playing for our lives.

Plus, if we do fail against Boro, who's to say we wont go up through the Play-offs. In reality, we have a very nice cushion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry - it has to be Wembley. If we had lost at Hereford, there is no way we wouldn't be back in the league by now.

Jesus Christ man, were you alive in the 90s?! :) Of course it's Hereford. No club otherwise.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Next weekend is the richest game in Albion's history, what is biggest for you?

Still Hereford, it will never be surpassed..

Beating Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge back in 1910 to become champions of England is easily our biggest game. I couldn't believe it when we actually pulled it off. The memory still brings a tear to my eye.

There's only one Charlie Webb! (scored the winner and also became the first Brighton player to be capped at full international level when he made his debut for Ireland)

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
People forget about Notts County 91

A win in this game would have meant Hereford game with huge stakes would not have happened.

fair point

However, I've spent a lot of time trying to forget about that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here