Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest crowd in the division by 6000 and bigger than West Brom in the "Premier League"

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
As match was on Sky i did not try to get a ticket however twice recently i have tried to get a ticket but it appears that the mobile ticket office no longer attends the railway station and nobody appears to know where it is.

You clearly have a computer so I am surprised at the difficulty of getting a ticket. You can print one off or just go to the ticket office on the day, or phone to book one.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Would havd loved to have seen that. Need a time machine

I remember the 1964 season. Bobby Smith signed in the summer and straight away, huge crowds flocked to the Goldstone. Late on, we played Tranmere who were also at the top, and I think there were 28,000 there. The drawing power of Tranmere!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm not interested in an 'official attendance' of 26,445 being used for pointless fantasy gloating. We all saw those swathes of empty blue seats.

Bollocks to pretendances. How many were actually there?

Sssh, you mustn't say that. We're all just meant to act like the conventional, traditional way of displaying football crowds for the previous 100 years or so had never even existed, like some form of mass amnesia.

Feb 14, 2010
I love the fact that Brighton fans have pretty much always had to put up with lower league football but whether the 60's, 70's or 2000s get a bigger support than more successful clubs. I also enjoy that despite this and the struggle put up in the fight with Archer that included pitch invasions, walk outs, marches and the rest some people still love to moan about such a fantastic support o such a biased extent that they want Brighton to announce attendances differently to the rest of the country just to have a negative slant on a good news story.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
As match was on Sky i did not try to get a ticket however twice recently i have tried to get a ticket but it appears that the mobile ticket office no longer attends the railway station and nobody appears to know where it is.

I used to get my tickets there as didn't need any form of ID
Don't waste your time looking for it anymore as they have stopped it now about halfway through last season
You can pay in cash at the ticket booths at the ground now but you do need fan numbers
There are no restrictions on what time you buy them on the day of the game now so can basically buy them 5mins before the game starts or whenever you fancy

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I love the fact that Brighton fans have pretty much always had to put up with lower league football but whether the 60's, 70's or 2000s get a bigger support than more successful clubs. I also enjoy that despite this and the struggle put up in the fight with Archer that included pitch invasions, walk outs, marches and the rest some people still love to moan about such a fantastic support o such a biased extent that they want Brighton to announce attendances differently to the rest of the country just to have a negative slant on a good news story.

To be fair though, there is not a lot of league sides to snatch support in Sussex, most clubs have a number of much nearer neighbours than we do.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I also enjoy that despite this and the struggle put up in the fight with Archer that included pitch invasions, walk outs, marches and the rest some people still love to moan about such a fantastic support o such a biased extent that they want Brighton to announce attendances differently to the rest of the country just to have a negative slant on a good news story.

Nope. We just want clubs to announce attendances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here