Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bigger modern day club legend: Zamora or Murray?

Bigger club legend:

• Zamora

Votes: 89 52.0%
  • Murray

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Muzza for me by a country mile, he did it for us in the Championship and the PL. BZ did well for us in the lower divisions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For West Ham. At Withdean. Some say he then turned round and winked at H Block :wink:

BZ :bowdown:

As a massive WHU fan I doubt it, Urban Myths are great though. More likely he missed and was was embarrassed and then quickly thought of a way out of his embarrassment

I was taken in at the time as I didn’t know he was WHU through and through.. Hearing him rooting for WHU a few weeks ago pissed me off unreasonably

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Quite a interesting comparison as they both were natural strikers born to score and both just kept getting better with age , I remember watching Bobby's first game for us and how he looked head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch even then , he was smart graceful and his off the ball work was excellent , I thought at the time I hoped we would sign him and he was just a pleasure to watch .

Murray was very similar in style , very graceful and years ahead of his age in quality and his ability to read the game , I remember being at Luton away when we lost the semi final of the Paint pot cup and I heard of a certain Mr Tony Bloom had stumped up 400k of his own money to buy Murray , this was before he actually took over the club I believe , I didn't think much of it at the time as everyone was still smarting from the defeat at Luton , but it didn't take long to realise why Bloom paid what was at the time and considering our league status a awful lot of money for Murray .

If I had to pick one in their prime for one match say a FA Cup final i'd choose Zamora , if I could of picked one knowing what I know now for a permanent signing i'd just plump for Murray , both great players and probably would have scored goals for any club they didn't actually play for , I think Murray may find retirement a little boring and chatting football with SKY Sports will become his next step , i'd actually pay Sky to replace that screeching scouser with Murray .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Voted Murray because he was a couple of votes behind.

Would have voted Zamora if he'd been a couple of votes behind.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think Murray may find retirement a little boring…

Well, looks like Bobby’s spending his retirement down the gym, judging by the club’s Insta just now…

10e39a277e6d2c84e01348b4650bd048.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zamora didn’t join the scum. Always Xamora. I’ve forgiven Glenn but it will always be the one blemish - the fact they made exactly the same mistake we did and he ended up back with us getting us to the prem was so sweet though.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
This is really difficult to vote on as they were both fantastic.
I can't disagree with any of the points put forward for each player here.
Voting for one means voting against the other which is Impossible for me to do.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The Bobby story is just that little bit better for me.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This is really difficult to vote on as they were both fantastic.
I can't disagree with any of the points put forward for each player here.
Voting for one means voting against the other which is Impossible for me to do.
Oh don't I am regretting my vote for Muzza now. Would never want to vote against Bobby.

So confused :eek:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Both great players for club. However as other was an option have to say Peter Ward. Win or lose only player that would do something in a game that you would talk about for days

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Oh don't I am regretting my vote for Muzza now. Would never want to vote against Bobby.

So confused :eek:

Yes this is exactly the problem I'm having.
I think I will abstain from voting and accept that,as a few others have said, they are both legends,one is not better or worse than the other.

I'm more interested in who will be the next ward,Zamora or Murray.
It's an exciting thought that somewhere in the world there is a striker that in decades to come will be mentioned in the same breath as those previous legends.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite a interesting comparison as they both were natural strikers born to score and both just kept getting better with age , I remember watching Bobby's first game for us and how he looked head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch even then , he was smart graceful and his off the ball work was excellent , I thought at the time I hoped we would sign him and he was just a pleasure to watch .

Murray was very similar in style , very graceful and years ahead of his age in quality and his ability to read the game , I remember being at Luton away when we lost the semi final of the Paint pot cup and I heard of a certain Mr Tony Bloom had stumped up 400k of his own money to buy Murray , this was before he actually took over the club I believe , I didn't think much of it at the time as everyone was still smarting from the defeat at Luton , but it didn't take long to realise why Bloom paid what was at the time and considering our league status a awful lot of money for Murray .

If I had to pick one in their prime for one match say a FA Cup final i'd choose Zamora , if I could of picked one knowing what I know now for a permanent signing i'd just plump for Murray , both great players and probably would have scored goals for any club they didn't actually play for , I think Murray may find retirement a little boring and chatting football with SKY Sports will become his next step , i'd actually pay Sky to replace that screeching scouser with Murray .

I just looked at this club's 2007/08 accounts.

Muzza cost £300,000 and you're right, effectively TB bank rolled that.

In that accounting year he pumped in £5.6m, £2.6m of which went towards the Falmer project.

DK was ousted later in October 2009, so you're right about that as well.

:smile:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Who scored the most Premier league goals for all the clubs they played for?

D

Deleted member 2719

Who scored the most Premier league goals for all the clubs they played for?

I don't know, but I do know who scored the most Europa league goals, that's Zamora..........

The Z man even shook my hand, he is a legend mate.:lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
BZ 47 Premier league goals............0 for Brighton
GM 36 Premier league goals..........26 for Brighton

Just to add more intrigue to the argument

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here