Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big shout for the guy handing out free tickets at Burnley

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Went to the Burnley game today - didn't bother pre-ordering ticket as only live 35 miles away and knew it would be pay on the gate.

As I went to pay on the turnstile a Brighton fan had numerous tickets fanned out into a crescent in his hand. I asked him how much he was selling them for - He gave me one free. Apparently they were Charlie Oatway's comps - He'd been given 30 and the guy had 26 to give away. He wouldn't even accept a pint from me.

If it was someone who posts on here thank-you very much!

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i expect they were the players' tickets that weren't needed for guests

Last edited:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
ive had free tickets from charlie oatway before aswell. exactly the same thing happened, turned up at an away game and a guy just gave us two tickets for nothing. pretty sure they had something to do with charlie oatway.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In the past had Joel Lynches comp tickets on about a dozen times. First time I got the guy who gave me ticket a couple of pints, after that he looked after me at away games!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I haven't been regularly to away games for a while now but in the late 80's early 90's the players regularly used to give their comps to fans who met the caoch as it arrived at the ground.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can you get your loyalty points added later?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got given player comp tickets for the Swindon cup match the other week.

Which made the rubbish game slightly easier to stomach.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I haven't been regularly to away games for a while now but in the late 80's early 90's the players regularly used to give their comps to fans who met the caoch as it arrived at the ground.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here