Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big sam being a knob again!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Here's a letter composed by the owner of Knees up mother brown (kumb) WHU's main fans forum.

There are times when, as a West Ham fan, I despair. Despite the great times I've had and the pride I take in wearing crossed hammers, and even after 40 years of loyal support, I sometimes look on from the sidelines and think to myself, oh dear oh dear, what on Earth was that?

Once again, we contrived to go down to a lower division side in a limp-wristed capitulation caused not by the sending off of debutante Callum McNaughton, but by the horrible imbalance of the team selected to play.

It seems that not only are our Championship starting elevens selected by the squeeze in the perceived best eleven players method , but also balance is ignored in order to give the fringe players game time when the cup competitions come along.

We started with Faubert as a full back, a role he is not comfortable in nor is he very good at. Nolan, our so called link between midfield and front line found himself in the defensive midfield role. Barrera, our Mexican out-and-out right winger playing on the left to accommodate Freddy Sears out on the right when Sears is himself a striker not a right-sided midfielder.

Then up front we commit suicide with two great lumps in Carew, who is unfit and unproven for us beside Piquionne who is lazy, feckless and clearly can't be bothered by the standard he has set for himself in his previous outings. I simply do not believe that team selections like this are in the best interest of anyone.

The club is dumped out of a competition in which many of the squad players can try and prove themselves at their chosen role should we remain in the competition for more than just one round, the players confidence takes a hit because they get a chance to impress but fail because they are played out of position and don't know what they are doing, and the long suffering fans are frustrated by yet another embarrassing defeat to a lesser club.

Only Junior Stanislas showed what he can do, and guess what? He was played in the right position. All I can hope for is that this will be taken as a sage lesson and that the same mistakes will not be made again.

In the meantime the players, who admittedly came up short on the pitch, are being put under even more pressure by fans who boo them and criticise them at every opportunity for poor performances when playing out of position.

It's time for a change, it's time to give those lads a proper shot at the title, it's time they had the opportunity to show us all that they are worthy of the shirt in their preferred role. Lets give Mr Nolan a day off and let Jack Collison loose in the hole between the opposition's midfield and defence and do the same for Junior Stanislas.

Let's let Barrera loose on the opposing left back, let's give Sears the chance to play off the shoulder of John Carew and let's give Cole a strike partner so he can turn and face the opposition and in so doing terrorise them, as I have seen him do many times before.

Balance is the key, our team has lacked it and direction for such a long time now. In Big Sam we have the right man to give the players direction now, it's time for a little balance too and that means buying in the right players for the positions where we are lacking or promoting them from the development squad and not just buying who we can get and trying to somehow squeeze them in.

Come on Sam, give us the balance we need, give us a little more pace and we can storm to the head of this league and maybe go on to win it.

Oh, and Sam, while I have your attention, having given those fringe players the chance to show us who they are, if they don't cut the mustard, then fringe players they must stay until they can be replaced. There is no place in our team for underachievers of any kind for any reason.

The continual selection of the woeful Mr Upson as captain when we had the much more deserving Mr Parker all that time shows us to what that leads. If any player falls short they should be dropped and that includes the high profile ones, some of whom are yet to live up to their billing or our expectations.

Competition for places means we must have back-ups for every role and those back-ups must be given the chance when the first choices fail in form. And so, bearing the previous in mind, all I ask for is a little bit of Balance, please.

And the comments. We're pretty arsed off with the knob too !!!

Knees Up Mother Brown - West Ham United FC Online: Forum View topic - KUMB.com Articles: A Letter to Sam

Aug 27, 2011
here & there
Brighton fans seem to have a got a bit up themselves since they got their cute ickle stadium with their pretty tippy tappy football. Let's get a few things straight. You haven't earned the right to dig Sam Allardyce out. Remind me what shitty division you've just crawled out of? Yes we're slumming it with you for one, maybe two, seasons. It's what we do from time to time. We're West Ham - we lord it over the likes of Brighton 24/7, 365 days a year. That will never change because form is temporary & class is permanent. I've lived in Sussex most of my life since coming down from London as a kid & Brighton have never really bothered me. Have always wished you well, thought you've been royally shafted in the past. Fans have always struck me as a bit 'special needs' like most clubs that rattle around the lower leagues but harmless, off the radar. Like every other muggy team in this division WEST HAM ARE YOUR CUP FINAL & you know it. So please f***ing bore off with your views on our manager. I look forward to our visit to the Care In The Community Stadium & Big Sam taking the biggest, smelliest, greasiest shit in your sparkly new toilets. As for this Jevs character - not proper West Ham. Get behind the manager & the team you mug. 'Supporters' like you are a cancer at our club. No surprise you're off KUMB you boring retard.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brighton fans seem to have a got a bit up themselves since they got their cute ickle stadium with their pretty tippy tappy football. Let's get a few things straight. You haven't earned the right to dig Sam Allardyce out. Remind me what shitty division you've just crawled out of? Yes we're slumming it with you for one, maybe two, seasons. It's what we do from time to time. We're West Ham - we lord it over the likes of Brighton 24/7, 365 days a year. That will never change because form is temporary & class is permanent. I've lived in Sussex most of my life since coming down from London as a kid & Brighton have never really bothered me. Have always wished you well, thought you've been royally shafted in the past. Fans have always struck me as a bit 'special needs' like most clubs that rattle around the lower leagues but harmless, off the radar. Like every other muggy team in this division WEST HAM ARE YOUR CUP FINAL & you know it. So please f***ing bore off with your views on our manager. I look forward to our visit to the Care In The Community Stadium & Big Sam taking the biggest, smelliest, greasiest shit in your sparkly new toilets. As for this Jevs character - not proper West Ham. Get behind the manager & the team you mug. 'Supporters' like you are a cancer at our club. No surprise you're off KUMB you boring retard.

:lolol:

We haven't earned the right to criticise Big Sam? Christ. How does one go about attaining the necessary level to throw some criticism his way?

You are just another game. I haven't even checked when our swords cross. I do love how fans of clubs struggle to deal with a relegation every now and again.

Interesting that you decided to come on to OUR messageboard and tell us to bore off with comments on your manager. If you don't like it, you know where the white x in a red box is.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Glad you are so wound up and that we mean something to you :lolol:

Personally could'nt give a stuff about West Ham, you will probably go up only to bumb around the bottom of the premiership when the fans will start moaning about the style of football and demand a change of manager only to repeat the process of being relegated again like you have done for the past twenty years.

Enjoy Big Sam hope you all get along.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Now that really made me chuckle. One question though. If we're so insignificant, why are you on here making yourself appear a complete knob; or should I use the trendy Danny Dire wannabe word, MUG?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I thought Dirty L**ds was our Cup Final :shrug:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Im guessing this poster might be from the WHO, probably the most retarded West Ham forum on the planet

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Appologies on behalf of 99% of genuine WHU fans, Some people are just better off supporting Millwall.

Only one more week to go and they'll all be back at school :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

I think they will sack him early doors and my big fear is they will want to get back to there roots of pure football and go large on Gus to knock us out of our stride.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think they will sack him early doors and my big fear is they will want to get back to there roots of pure football and go large on Gus to knock us out of our stride.

Yes, I think this will happen but who in their right mind would want to work for Sullivan and Gold ? Frankly West Ham are banking on promotion this season and hope that their move to the Olympic Stadium goes ahead, can see them doing a Palace and going into administration.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Yes, I think this will happen but who in their right mind would want to work for Sullivan and Gold ? Frankly West Ham are banking on promotion this season and hope that their move to the Olympic Stadium goes ahead, can see them doing a Palace and going into administration.

i doubt it considering the owners combined wealth

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
i doubt it considering the owners combined wealth

Which they seem reluctant to spend. They have done nothing but whine about the state of West Ham's finances since their arrival. They are banking on a swift return to the top flight and the proposed move, the sale of Upton Park is key to their long term plan and yet Tottenham and Orient are still doing their level best to throw a big spanner in the works.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Which they seem reluctant to spend. They have done nothing but whine about the state of West Ham's finances since their arrival. They are banking on a swift return to the top flight and the proposed move, the sale of Upton Park is key to their long term plan and yet Tottenham and Orient are still doing their level best to throw a big spanner in the works.

They are moaning about the finances can you blame them, they cant get a loan from the bank for transfers like most clubs do, and the money is actually coming straight out there pocket, i also think alot of fans really dont wanna move to the Olympic, i dont see why they dont stay and extend the east stand. As i now believe the bus depot at the back has closed but i might be wrong on that.

Also with the Boleyn its not just about the ground not being great, the surrounding area is awful, shops closing left right and centre, and then the transport links are awful, The Boleyn might be West Hams home but the area around it now is not what it was, its not the east end of old that my family grew up in.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They are moaning about the finances can you blame them, they cant get a loan from the bank for transfers like most clubs do, and the money is actually coming straight out there pocket, i also think alot of fans really dont wanna move to the Olympic, i dont see why they dont stay and extend the east stand. As i now believe the bus depot at the back has closed but i might be wrong on that.

Also with the Boleyn its not just about the ground not being great, the surrounding area is awful, shops closing left right and centre, and then the transport links are awful, The Boleyn might be West Hams home but the area around it now is not what it was, its not the east end of old that my family grew up in.

Not many West Ham or Tottenham fans want this move but like ourselves they need to sell Upton Park and rent the Olympic stadium. They are rapidly using up their parachute payments and staying in the Championship will be disastrous for them, such a shame.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Not many West Ham or Tottenham fans want this move but like ourselves they need to sell Upton Park and rent the Olympic stadium. They are rapidly using up their parachute payments and staying in the Championship will be disastrous for them, such a shame.

The only reason Gold and Sullivan want the Olympics as it will be there final pay day,which is one of the reasons why i believe Spurs dont want West Ham to get it, they will be open to huge stadium naming rights, they will so be looked at by investors, Spurs can see this hense why they want the move, due to the icelandics leaving West Ham on the brink of being bankrupt, the club cant get loans at all, the clubs debt out weighs the actual value of the ground.

Gold and Sulli say they brought West am as they are fans of the club i think they brought it as they can see a massive pay check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here