Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Match Revisited

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ah, those horrible imittion Chelsea shirts. Horrible thing it was to lose our identity as soon as we got into the 1st. division, trying to look like Chelsea instead.
This was Division 2, pre-promotion, and hardly Chelsea.

brighton-and-hove-albion-retro-replicas-football-shirt-1977-1980-s_37195_1.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was that the one where there was a lot of trouble? Remember being at WHL around 77 as a kid and it kicking off big time. Me and 3 or 4 other kids were getting crushed at the front of the Brighton end and got taken out by police and put in the next pen. My older brother then got hold of a copper and asked where we were taken to be told “they’ve probably been nicked”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a very watchable game with some great names from the past and a bit of boxing thrown in as well :lolol:

Not worth a new thread so I’ve put it on here.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Was that the one where there was a lot of trouble? Remember being at WHL around 77 as a kid and it kicking off big time. Me and 3 or 4 other kids were getting crushed at the front of the Brighton end and got taken out by police and put in the next pen. My older brother then got hold of a copper and asked where we were taken to be told “they’ve probably been nicked”
The pinnacle of football violence. Fighting before in and around the pubs, fighting in the Brighton end and on the shelf, and finally scraps all the way down the Steve Sisters Road back to the tube. Mayhem.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Watching The Big Match Revisited, I noticed the little blue 3 wheel invalid cars that were parked next to the pitch. Brilliant, could you imagine it now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watching The Big Match Revisited, I noticed the little blue 3 wheel invalid cars that were parked next to the pitch. Brilliant, could you imagine it now.
There was a bloke near to where I lived who had one of those - souped up and it could do 70 m.p.h. Eat your heart out, Top Gear!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here