Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Mac v Horsham

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
:lolol: We are one game away from the halfway point of this season. Which have our current strikers have matched that feat of scoring six goals? :lolol:

So, thanks for your generous bet. At least Trigger knows you ain't going to be taking his job any time soon :lolol:

so even you don't think he will score? How about I lower the total to 3? If Big super dooper Mac scores more than 3 goals this season I'll give you £10?....

On the subject of Burnley, were you there?

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
Lardy Army are always good with their songs from the 60s and 70s!

Pitch was a leveller though, but surprised that horsham kept going as strongly as Brighton did throughout the 120 mins

the full harris said:
so even you don't think he will score? How about I lower the total to 3? If Big super dooper Mac scores more than 3 goals this season I'll give you £10?....

On the subject of Burnley, were you there?

I notice you dodged my question, so I'll answer it for you - not one of our strikers this season has managed to score at a rate of six goals per half season. Our top scorer Adam Virgo scored nine (including a generously awarded own goal) over the ENTIRE season last year - that's why your bet is a PILE OF SHIT :jester:

However, 4 goals from Big Mac for the season, that's a bit more sporting. He could do that provided he gets games, but that would probably involve McGhee failing to bring in the striker he wants in the January window :(

But of course the real reason I won't take the bet from you is that I only have wagers with people I have some liking for, so that excludes a rather screechy irritant like you.

But if Kinky offers me the same terms, I'll take it. 3 more goals from Big Mac, minimum 10 more starts. How about it Kinks?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
I notice you dodged my question, so I'll answer it for you - not one of our strikers this season has managed to score at a rate of six goals per half season. Our top scorer Adam Virgo scored nine (including a generously awarded own goal) over the ENTIRE season last year - that's why your bet is a PILE OF SHIT :jester:

However, 4 goals from Big Mac for the season, that's a bit more sporting. He could do that provided he gets games, but that would probably involve McGhee failing to bring in the striker he wants in the January window :(

But of course the real reason I won't take the bet from you is that I only have wagers with people I have some liking for, so that excludes a rather screechy irritant like you.

But if Kinky offers me the same terms, I'll take it. 3 more goals from Big Mac, minimum 10 more starts. How about it Kinks?

I see you dodged my question. Were you at Burnley?

Anyone else noticed this poor chap gets upset much more easily than he used to, shame :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think everyone on this board would LOVE McCammon to play brilliantly for Brighton and be the difference between us going down and staying up.

I do not see why London Irish has this fixation with saying things like "It will make it all the funnier when he runs out in the stripes" or words to that effect.

I do not believe that a single poster on here WANTS any albion player to do badly. That would be silly.

Some are just more realistic about what certain players can achieve and what they are capable of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I think everyone on this board would LOVE McCammon to play brilliantly for Brighton and be the difference between us going down and staying up.

I do not see why London Irish has this fixation with saying things like "It will make it all the funnier when he runs out in the stripes" or words to that effect.

I do not believe that a single poster on here WANTS any albion player to do badly. That would be silly.

Some are just more realistic about what certain players can achieve and what they are capable of.

Fair point, but there are a few who would struggle to give him any praise if he scored a hatrick three games on the bounce???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have slagged him off as much as anyone but I would love him to be brilliant and score loads of goals. I think most people gave credit where it was due after the Sunderland game last season but in order for him to win the fans over he needs to do it in more then one game.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Richie Morris said:
I have slagged him off as much as anyone but I would love him to be brilliant and score loads of goals. I think most people gave credit where it was due after the Sunderland game last season but in order for him to win the fans over he needs to do it in more then one game.

Speaking serioiusly for a moment, I genuinely would love Mark McCammon to be the answer, turning some of the draws into wins and if he comes and does a good job i'll be genuinely delighted. I'm not even bothered if he doesn't score, if he is playing well and benefiting the team then that's brilliant. If he were to score a hat trick in three consecutive games, I'd be as chuffed as anyone.

I slated Oatway last season but this season I think he's been an asset. In terms of contribution to the team, he's given just as much as Hammond (who I think most would agree to be the best central midfielder we have) and I thought Charlie had another good game at Watford last week.

The point is I don't think McCammon is good enough and is certainly the least effective of our strikers (discounting Turienzo of course as I have no idea if he is good, I've barely seen him play). I know we are not doing well in terms of league position but we are still playing the best, most attractive football I've ever seen us playing (started going regularly in the 1992-93 season) and I just feel that by bringing in McCammon, we won't be anymore and he will be in at the expense of one our more skillfull players. I'd agree I don't appreciate the type of centre forward McCammon is but, at the same time, if he comes in, actually wins the ball in the air, plays intelligent balls, takes pressure off of Knight, hits a decent shot (which he is yet to do at the club, it doesn't even have to be on target, just show some kind of ability to strike a ball) and helps turn our draws into wins then that will be great and I'll be the first to praise him. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything to suggest that can happen. I think the results in the games he has played this season would reflect with this.

It might be sweet for London Irish just to see him run out in the stripes, but it would be sweet for us all if he were to play well and benefit to the team.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
the full harris said:
Speaking serioiusly for a moment, I genuinely would love Mark McCammon to be the answer, turning some of the draws into wins and if he comes and does a good job i'll be genuinely delighted. I'm not even bothered if he doesn't score, if he is playing well and benefiting the team then that's brilliant. If he were to score a hat trick in three consecutive games, I'd be as chuffed as anyone.

I slated Oatway last season but this season I think he's been an asset. In terms of contribution to the team, he's given just as much as Hammond (who I think most would agree to be the best central midfielder we have) and I thought Charlie had another good game at Watford last week.

The point is I don't think McCammon is good enough and is certainly the least effective of our strikers (discounting Turienzo of course as I have no idea if he is good, I've barely seen him play). I know we are not doing well in terms of league position but we are still playing the best, most attractive football I've ever seen us playing (started going regularly in the 1992-93 season) and I just feel that by bringing in McCammon, we won't be anymore and he will be in at the expense of one our more skillfull players. I'd agree I don't appreciate the type of centre forward McCammon is but, at the same time, if he comes in, actually wins the ball in the air, plays intelligent balls, takes pressure off of Knight, hits a decent shot (which he is yet to do at the club, it doesn't even have to be on target, just show some kind of ability to strike a ball) and helps turn our draws into wins then that will be great and I'll be the first to praise him. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything to suggest that can happen. I think the results in the games he has played this season would reflect with this.

It might be sweet for London Irish just to see him run out in the stripes, but it would be sweet for us all if he were to play well and benefit to the team.
Shut up you SCREECHY LITTLE IRRITANT. :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the full harris said:

Spot on.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here