Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Big fire at Blatchington Mill school

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was the RI twat Hill? We ambushed him one day with a waste bin placed above the part-open door jamb to fall on his head as he entered. Not entirely successful and a painful caning followed
Yep. See post above :thumbsup:

(We can probably assume he's over the hill and far away, now. Thankfully.)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember Poof Brooks teaching sex ed also…
He was a good class master, and let the bigger boys bring in LPs to play at lunch time, when we were spotty fledglings. That was how I first heard Black Sabbath. Brookes was quite unpatronizing about the hairy music taste.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hitler Hill, remember him well with a board rubber being his weapon of choice although Looby Jones used to do the sex ed.

I remember Williamson smiling while he gave me the cane, Chas Cope, the drinking, sweary History teacher, Willy Pope, Les Hamilton, Krone, Geoff Garland, Ken Garland, Adrian Hilton-Dennis together with the aforementioned Ned Land and Jack Liddell.

Some line up :lolol:
Denby (1C). Braund (weird physics teacher and teacher of weird physics). A very odd French teacher who looked like an elderly Orson Welles with a goatee. Rusty Reynolds, the world's most ineffective manager of classroom discipline. Hotdog Hitchcock the geography man. That woodwork teacher wo liked to whack pupils with a lump of four by two. And we had a woman teach us biology in the 3rd form, :ohmy: .

I am hoping that won't trigger recollections of the French teacher with no bra and very hairy armpits. I often wondered what the peculiar sound was in the boys toilets, and now realize it was probably 5th formers, furiously wanking. :lolol:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Denby (1C). Braund (weird physics teacher and teacher of weird physics). A very odd French teacher who looked like an elderly Orson Welles with a goatee. Rusty Reynolds, the world's most ineffective manager of classroom discipline. Hotdog Hitchcock the geography man. That woodwork teacher wo liked to whack pupils with a lump of four by two. And we had a woman teach us biology in the 3rd form, :ohmy: .

I am hoping that won't trigger recollections of the French teacher with no bra and very hairy armpits. I often wondered what the peculiar sound was in the boys toilets, and now realize it was probably 5th formers, furiously wanking. :lolol:
I think Neil Shepherd dated the French teacher…

There was also another French teacher who definitely wasn’t capable of causing peculiar sounds emanating from the boys toilets (there were only boys toilets as I remember…)

Trotty

Feb 22, 2012
One teacher still around is Tony Balsdon geography still lives in Burgess Hill and part of the rugby club there. He told us he taught Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
A few others I could think of:

Denby - history
Wellard - woodwork
Willy Pope - English
Peggy Braund - physics, and his famous bubble car!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Rusty got us to do an essay ‘why Sheffield United will win the European Cup in 1982’. I seem to recall my plan involved them signing a host of Dutch players, sadly for them it was not to be ….

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Mrs Barrett was the Biology teacher
Mrs Marsh for German
Mrs French for Art

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Braund who had some disabilities used to hang on to the top of the blackboard with one hand whilst scribing- until we put drawing pins on there. And there was Viney - we kept shorting the electrolysis experiments so he had to keep going up and downstairs to reset the fuse. Oh what fun we had!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did a year in 6th form, I was in the year that did the first GCSE.
I did the last year of 0-levels, so was the year above you. So it turns out it was me not talking to you...

(Not necessarily true, tbf - I did talk to some GIRLS in the year below - as I had to redo O-level Art after some kind of marking fiasco, so did the lessons with a 5th year class, who were surprisingly welcoming)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here