Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Biden gets tough with Anti-Vaxxers......

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Covid vaccination is a business ticket to Trillion $ revenues every year forever. Cant possibly have people not queing up for it and everyone realizing that not everyone has to. Always said this was the way it would go and here we are.

Everyone realising they don't have to because it's not them that's going to die. It's got a lovely empathy to it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have no idea. I was just correcting you on your statement that vaccines aren't compulsory for anyone.

They still aren't compulsory for anyone. Just in certain lines of work rather than day to day work. Residents aren't forced to have one

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Covid vaccination is a business ticket to Trillion $ revenues every year forever. Cant possibly have people not queing up for it and everyone realizing that not everyone has to. Always said this was the way it would go and here we are.

Given the cost of hospital care in the US, you'd surely be mad not to, even if young?
Wouldn't be surprised if insurers there are insisting on vaccination too?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
They still aren't compulsory for anyone. Just in certain lines of work rather than day to day work. Residents aren't forced to have one

OK. Maybe they aren't compulsory now, but they are going to be compulsory for anyone working or volunteering in a care home from 11 November.

https://www.cqc.org.uk/news/stories...-workingdeployed-care-homes-role-care-quality

https://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/insights/articles/mandatory-vaccinations-care-homes-and-beyond-part-1

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...r-deployed-in-care-homes-operational-guidance

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the cost of hospital care in the US, you'd surely be mad not to, even if young?
Wouldn't be surprised if insurers there are insisting on vaccination too?

Someone on Twitter, seemed genuine but what do I know, was asking about how much it cost to call out an ambulance, around the world.
It was a very small conversation, the questioner was truly amazed by the responses.
They appeared to genuinely think the US healthcare system was the world leader.

I can't imagine how Covid is affecting them and the poor.
I have a good idea how it's affecting the insurance companies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are US Heathcare Insurance companies allowed to refuse cover to the unvaccinated? Anyone know?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Just to clarify in case some people haven't got the gist of this...When this kicks in.....

In America, if you are in charge of a company that employs more than 100 workers.....It is now the law that every single one of your workers be vaccinated, or provide weekly test results (at the employees own expense) to show that they are COVID free. This will be enforced by OSHA. Their health and safety ombudsman. Who will fine companies 14 THOUSAND dollars for every SINGLE infringement.

It is the single biggest Get Bent to employed anti-vaxxers in America and basically amounts to "get the shot or get sacked." I never thought I'd ever see this level of boldness from the White House. Gonna be an interesting few days across the pond!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are US Heathcare Insurance companies allowed to refuse cover to the unvaccinated? Anyone know?
If there's anything they can find in the small print, and if they can twist the small print far enough with the aid of a massive legal team, you bet your a*** they will!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes because Trump's Vaccine was a re-labelled bottle of Domestos and a 24 hour session under a sun lamp

You are a part of the problem, I knew several young, in the know progressive people over here I worked with who were going to refuse any vaccine under the Trump admin if he won, this situation the US finds itself in was going to happen whoever won last November, just different demographics depending on the victor. It's pathetic, imagine DYING because someone who does not give a shit about you won or lost an election you had little to no say in in the first place. Embarrassing and tragic.

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Recent CDC report saying unvaccinated Americans 11 times more liable to die of Covid. Biden knows this won't make the slightest difference to the bozos who refuse to get vaccinated - Fake News blah, blah, blah - which is why is is initiating his various laws to ensure take up of the vaccine

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/health/unvaccinated-covid-19-deaths.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210910&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=56564702&segment_id=68651&user_id=4180feebac29b9e10fe3e6db6d77bd2c

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Recent CDC report saying unvaccinated Americans 11 times more liable to die of Covid. Biden knows this won't make the slightest difference to the bozos who refuse to get vaccinated - Fake News blah, blah, blah - which is why is is initiating his various laws to ensure take up of the vaccine

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/health/unvaccinated-covid-19-deaths.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210910&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=56564702&segment_id=68651&user_id=4180feebac29b9e10fe3e6db6d77bd2c

Oh well, sadly natural selection will deal with many of them.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trio-conservative-radio-hosts-died-covid-will-their-deaths-change-n1278258

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you are seeking out the nutters. Make a point of going to church on a Sunday. You won't be disappointed

But the Brits are at least partly to blame for that because we did send all our puritans and religious nutters over there to help found the country

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You are a part of the problem, I knew several young, in the know progressive people over here I worked with who were going to refuse any vaccine under the Trump admin if he won, this situation the US finds itself in was going to happen whoever won last November, just different demographics depending on the victor. It's pathetic, imagine DYING because someone who does not give a shit about you won or lost an election you had little to no say in in the first place. Embarrassing and tragic.

I am not part of the problem at all.

I have no media reach to any person living in the US.

Donald Trump on National TV suggested injection of disinfectant into people as a potential combative of Covid 19. I totally reject that sort of misinformation being visited on me.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Isn’t it down to vaccine uptake rather than masks?

Other wise other states would be struggling.

No, it is the combination of both. Florida vaccination rates are only slightly below average, however the angry, violent rejection of all other safety measures makes it so deadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here